KCGX FSX-SE dual install problem resolved

CajunRon

I have set up a dual installation of FSX on one drive and FSX-SE on a second and had problems installing Orbx KCGX on FSX-SE.   The install seemed to have worked fine but the airport would not show in the airport list.   In looking at the location of the airport I found that the runway was visible and there were 2D outlines of buildings and static aircraft but no buildings or 3D stuff.  (yes I had just downloaded and installed the latest Orbx Library).

I then decided to compare the FSX FTX-AA-KCGX folder with the same folder in FSX-SE.   What I found was that some of the files in the FSX installation were missing from the FSX-SE folder even though the FSX-SE installation reported a successful installation.   So I copied the entire KCGX folder from FSX to FSX-SE and voi la, KCGX is now fully functional in FSX-SE and is listed in the airport list.   I don't understand why the installer would not install all the required files and yet report a successful installation.

In any case, if anyone else is struggling with this problem, you might want to try my solution.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem installing KCGX into FSX-SE. It would not show up at all after installing. I also had FSX and used your solution above and it worked for me as well!

Same exact problem...many missing files in the FSX-SE Scenery folder. Moving all of the files from the FSX KCGX scenery folder to the FSX-SE KCGX scenery folder did the trick!

Thank you for posting it!

Archived