ENNK: white square patches instead of water

Redglyph

Hello,

I'm enjoying Narvik very much, it's a beautiful rendition of that region and airport. However I noticed that when I'm looking at Narvik from a few miles away, there are rectangular white patches on the water. A little bit like the other "black patch" problem described here, not sure whether it's related or not (but so you know my "frozen water" setting is off in Global Vector).

Please see the attached screenshot that illustrate the issue:

• 1st one, ENNK and white patches on my 8 (I'm NNW of the airport), mid-height on the left of the image,
  • 2nd one, at 12, pointing at the bridge North of the airport: one patch in the water (and one in the land that might be snow?),
  • 3rd one is a zoom of the 2nd one,
  • 4th one, at 10-ish, they seem to be the same patches as in 1st screenshot, seen from the West of the airport this time.

The simulation date was between June and August for those different occurrences, there were no icing conditions.

I flew a little bit over other parts of Norway but saw no such issue elsewhere, it wasn't an extensive test though.

The ENNK add-on options are the default shown in the documentation pg. 6 (not the default at installation which has ultra tree density and road traffic).

I have submitted the Orbx diagnostic report ID ot5ac8f3e24c9e749d88a859348a8da235 so you can see all the details.

I'm using P3D v3.2, Windows 7 x64, FTX Central 2 is v2.1.6031.32439 and the following Orbx add-ons, all up-to-date:

- FTX ENNK

- FTX Norway

- FTX Global Vector

- FTX Global Base

- FTX Global openLC Europe

(and others that should not be relevant here)

I'm also joining my P3D configuration file just in case, for the graphics settings.

Anyone had this too? Any help appreciated!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Prepar3D.cfg

6 hours ago, Redglyph said:

If you'd like me to check something, let me know :)

Hi, I think I have found what is causing the white squares. I'm unable to see the problem in my simulator, so maybe you can test with the attached file and see if you still have same problem? Just overwrite existing file with the attached file (In the ENNK scenery folder).

ennk_linken_P3Dv3.bgl

Hi Tore,

It seems to solve the issue! What I did:

- found a spot where I could reproduce the problem (details below), saved the situation,

- quit and replaced the original file with the one above,

- loaded the situation: the problem was not visible anymore,

- quit and put the original file back,

- loaded the situation, the problem was visible again.

For reference, for this test I was located N68°22.74', E16°57.06, at 6348' heading South. The problem is only appearing at that distance, a little closer and it disappears.

I set the date to 22 June, 08h30, in "fair weather" conditions. I should have given these details before to make it easier to reproduce what I was seeing (maybe it's not visible in P3D v3.3 though, I'm still with 3.2).

Thanks for the quick fix!

pos_test.jpg

Archived