Repeatable OpenLC NA/Canada CTD with P3D

gprguy

Hi,

I've been meaning to file this bug report for a while but it keeps falling off my list. If I am on airway J804R headed towards Anchorage approaching the SNOUT waypoint, shortly after SNOUT I get a crash to desktop. I've tried with both the Aerosoft Airbus A319 and the Majestic Q400. I have a save file with the A319 just before SNOUT where I can repeat the crash easily.

Judging by the water textures I can see it looks like the crash happens when entering the OpenLC area, the route takes you over a corner of the tile.

It happened on P3D 3.2 with OpenLC NA Canada/Alaska 1.00, and it also happens on P3D 3.3 with the full OpenLC NA 1.15. I have many other addons installed of course, including all of the FTX full fat regions in the area.

I've uploaded a diagnostic file with id otb3194df40cd7f97823905328bce4d5a4. Hope that helps. Thanks.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I spent most of the day disabling everything I could in my scenery.cfg. When I disabled OpenLC NA the crash no longer happened. Added everything else back and the crash still didn't happen. Add OpenLC NA back and the crash is back.

what does your event viewer log say it is? i assume you have looked at that? Every-time a program crashes, there is a log created that tells you who or what the problem is. This is usually a dll, permission issue, memory issue or corrupt file issue. There are more of course.

I'm not seeing an obvious event in the event viewer that correlates to the CTD. Not like a typical P3D crash. Maybe I am missing it - but I assumed that the event logs would be included in the diagnostic info I sent to Orbx.

I have of course tried reinstalling OpenLC back when it was 1.00, it made no difference. Since then I've updated to 1.15 and the full OpenLC NA as I mentioned.

Archived