NA GA Traffic 1.20, not working, uninstaller issues

Redglyph

Hello,

I have installed the NA traffic, currently v 1.20. Since then, I can't see any traffic anywhere, even though I've moved the P3D traffic slider up to 30-40%.

I cannot see how to uninstall it, and from the posts I have seen here it seems tricky and didn't really find a solution with today's version.

There is a "Product uninstaller" in FTX Central settings, looking in "tools". But the only product I can uninstall is one airport (I have several, and regions, openLC, ...).

Could you help me with those questions please?

• Is a particular settings prevents NA traffic from working, or is that a general issue for everyone? Shouldn't it be removed from the site if that's the case?
  • Why is it not possible to uninstall the products correctly from FTX Central 2? Will there be a fix? (actually, same questions with updates - I can only update a few products, for most of them we have to download a zip, extract it, run it, and it's a bit awkward...
  • How can I remove this NA traffic in case it's not possible to fix it?

I'm using P3D v3.2, Windows 7 x64, FTX Central 2 is v2.1.6031.32439 and the following Orbx add-ons:

- FTX Global Base, Global Vector, OpenLC Europe, OpenLC NA

- Northern America, KMRY, KTVL

- England, EGHI

Thanks! :) 

PS: just in case, diagnostic ID ot6a73cf82a3df181e2fd3e2068752a33f

You need to be aware that AI traffic from the FTX NA AI Traffic pack is only seen in a small area of NA, ie. the FTX Pacific Northwest, Pacific Fjords and some parts of Northern Rockies. There should be plenty of AI traffic movements at FTX airports in those regions.

During the FTX NA AI Traffic install process, the FSX or P3D default traffic file is disabled to avoid having too much AI traffic at the airports covered by the pack. You can enable it again via the relevant Control Panel in FTX Central 2.

If you still wish to uninstall the package, the four step process to do this can be found on page 9 of the User Guide.

Be aware that the FTX NA AI traffic pack installs a few hundred GA aircraft variations with registration numbers and liveries specific to the region and these can be swapped with the default aircraft in the default traffic file. While giving you greater AI aircraft variations right across the North America regions, these aircraft are much better on frames due to their substantially lower poly count. You will need Don Grovestine's AI Flight Planner to swap these models in the default traffic file.     

11 hours ago, Graham Eccleston said:

You need to be aware that AI traffic from the FTX NA AI Traffic pack is only seen in a small area of NA, ie. the FTX Pacific Northwest, Pacific Fjords and some parts of Northern Rockies. There should be plenty of AI traffic movements at FTX airports in those regions.    

Thanks for the clarification. I think I may have confused by the description on the web page that says "Now added to the AU AI Traffic package is a new NA GA AI Traffic package covering the Orbx PNW region plus all Orbx payware and freeware areas in North America." I suppose they meant in the PNW region only, maybe this description should be updated, many other people seem to be confused as well. I had tried it at several places but especially at KMRY since I have this scenery (on top of North California).

11 hours ago, Graham Eccleston said:

If you still wish to uninstall the package, the four step process to do this can be found on page 9 of the User Guide.    

I'm sorry but which user guide?

For now I have it disabled by selecting the "FSX Default Traffic" selected in the add-on configuration page.

Ah, found the user guide, there is a directory {P3D}\ORBX\User Documents with all the documents, and within it, a "FTX NA GA AI TRAFFIC User Guide.pdf". It's not accessible like the other documents from FTX Central 2, so I had no idea there was a user guide :)

I removed the files by following those instructions, but the "North American AI Traffic" entry is still in FTX Central, now it gives me an error if I try to configure it since those files are missing.

It is really confusing, everything mentions NA and not PNW, hidden user guide and the removal is ... well, a bit messy. I hope you can do something about that for all the people who have the same problem.

I'll have to see if everything is back to normal on the next time I launch P3D.

On 8/14/2016 at 8:16 PM, Graham Eccleston said:

During the FTX NA AI Traffic install process, the FSX or P3D default traffic file is disabled to avoid having too much AI traffic at the airports covered by the pack. You can enable it again via the relevant Control Panel in FTX Central 2.

Be aware that the FTX NA AI traffic pack installs a few hundred GA aircraft variations with registration numbers and liveries specific to the region and these can be swapped with the default aircraft in the default traffic file. While giving you greater AI aircraft variations right across the North America regions, these aircraft are much better on frames due to their substantially lower poly count. You will need Don Grovestine's AI Flight Planner to swap these models in the default traffic file.     

Thanks so much for the clarification, Graham!  Is there any chance that this might expand to other parts of the US?  I'd be willing to pay for a good AI traffic program that adds GA traffic to the entire US.

12 hours ago, Arwen said:

Thanks so much for the clarification, Graham!  Is there any chance that this might expand to other parts of the US?  I'd be willing to pay for a good AI traffic program that adds GA traffic to the entire US.

Have you tried Ultimate Traffic 2? I've heard some good praises about this add-on, haven't tried it yet though.

Archived