Different problem.

Geezer

I took this opportunity to install Win10 from the disk I got when I purchased my new computer a few months ago.  Then I installed FSXSE.  Then Lod 10 mesh, base, Open LC and vector.  That's it.  It's the freemesh so in the US, I'm using FSX default.

The problem in the Palouse that I experienced last week seems to have disappeared. 

However, I am now getting a problem where it takes a very very long time for scenery to fall into place.  There seems to be way too much water to start and then very gradually the correct scenery will take its place.  It's like the scenery doesn't load properly.  In the second pic, you can see a water mountain in the distance.

The first pic is just south of Sandpoint ID.  The second is in the Puget Sound.

Sandpoint.jpgPuget Sound.jpg

The original problem is gone but the new problem is at least as bad.  The first pic is over Pullman WA airport.  The second is then going north to Palouse and is just a couple miles north of Pullman airport.

Pullman.jpgTo Palouse.jpg

Ok, I went to your link.  I had already tried the force migration earlier today and nothing happened.  I did that because it looked like I had an older version of FTX Central.   

I tried it again anyway and still nothing happened.  I saw a button that said press region (or something like that).  I hadn't paid attention to it because I had no regions installed and assumed it would automatically set to global.  It synced a few seconds.  I closed FTX Central and looked at a couple of those same areas.  Everything was fine.  I closed FSX and went to look at FTX Central and it started the sync process.  I ended up with the new version.  It looks like the problem was that I had never pressed that set region button.  Sometimes it's the little things.  Thanks very much for your help.  Hopefully you won't hear from me again.    :)

Archived