Problem with NRM

Geezer

I looked all over the forum and couldn't find a section where I could post fat problems so here I am.  Feel free to move this post if you want.

Today I decided to fly near where I live which is in the NRM region.  It looked terrible.  There is obviously some problem.  It showed cities and everywhere else it's bare or looks like fields.  I checked a couple other fats in NA and they seem fine.  I checked the scenery library in FSX and it seemed fine.  I don't know what the problem is and don't know where else to look or what to try to fix this.  Enclosed is a pic of Moscow ID.  The city irl extends further to the top of the screen.  When flying, there was a little more city going past the bottom but it was bare otherwise.  In rl it is much bigger.  Any help would be appreciated.

I flew from Felts which I just bought and installed and never could find downtown Spokane although I flew right to it.  Then all the way down to the Pullman airport it was like fields and that was it.  It showed the airport but everything around there was bare.  I flew to Pullman and it showed part of the city and the rest was bare.  I checked out the area further south by Lewiston and it was the same.  

MoscowID.jpg

Hi Geezer,

I'm informed the diagnostic-reporter is out of action as it was being troublesome.

Pullman and Moscow are in FTX CRM (Central Rocky Mountains) and Spokane is in NRM (Northern Rocky Mountains)

In your other thread you mention reinstalling it in your FSX-SE, do you have this installed as-well as boxed FSX?, Or in your current Windows install... have you had both versions of the simulator installed (at some point)?

Now, I have checked out Spokane, Pullman and Moscow with OpenLC-NA + Vector, and all are showing pretty accurate compared to Google Earth

Spokane

in1OmsN.jpg

Pullman and Moscow - vs Google Earth

ueJZ5e2.jpg

I have to go out for a while, I'll check the region packs NRM and CRM a bit later

Thank you for responding. 

Problem is you didn't compare the Moscow and Pullman I had with google earth.  When I ran FSX, the area except for the two cities which were small and the airport looked like a wasteland.  No fields at all like the pics in the other thread.  I live in the town of Palouse which is about 10 miles north.  The population is about 1000 give or take.   I should see the town if I fly over it in LC NA.  I was able to pinpoint its location in Plan-G and flew directly over Palouse.  There was nothing there.  To me, it looked like there was a problem with my install.  I wrote this thread hoping you would offer a solution to the problem so I wouldn't need to reinstall which is a pain in the ass and very time consuming. 

I'm not saying Orbx products caused the problem.  They are excellent and I'm enjoying them very much.  But it looks like, in installing one of the them maybe LC NA, something happened.  Some glitch or whatever.  Or it might be something else.  This is the first time I've flown in this area since I purchased NRM which iirc was in May.

I didn't post in the other forum to compete with this thread.  The two threads were mutually exclusive.  I posted to compare other screenshots with what I had.  The screen shots convinced me that there really was something wrong with my install.  Those screen shots showed fields.  Mine showed, as I said, a wasteland of dirt or mud.  If you look carefully at the screenshot I posted above, you can see what I mean.

Anyway, this is all moot.  I have uninstalled FSX and will reinstall in the morning. 

Hi again,

Palouse is not within NRM, its in CRM

smrCR38.jpg

In FSX/ORBX/User Documents is a Google Earth KML/KMZ which is a map of the region, like a guide

Please see my question in the other post:

3 hours ago, Tim Harris said:

In your other thread you mention reinstalling it in your FSX-SE, do you have this installed as-well as boxed FSX?, Or in your current Windows install... have you had both versions of the simulator installed (at some point)?

Because if you have had both sims installed at some point it may very well be the cause of you not seeing what you should, due to the registry pointing to another place and OpenLC NA not getting installed properly

I never had both sims installed at the same time.   After re-installing win7 a few months ago, I used only the boxed edition.  When I referred to my FSXSE, I didn't mean it was currently installed.  Now it's morning.  FSX and associated programs are uninstalled.  I need to do a final registry cleanup and then I will install FSXSE.  I'll just install mesh, base, vector and the two LCs along with a few small non-Orbx areas in other arias of the world.  Fresh install.  Then I'll take a look at the Palouse and report back.  Probably won't be until tomorrow.

I also have CRM.

When I went to look at Palouse, NRM and CRM were deactivated and I was using only LC NA (and vector).  Palouse should have shown up but it didn't.  The Moscow Pullman area was nothing like it should have been.

Archived