Misplace roads??

Roads and highways seem to be placed on top of buildings like this.    Is there a way to eliminate these from the scenery.   I tried using the FTX Vector configuration tool.   Thanks,   John  PS love all FTX products, of which I own a considerable number...

Jroads.png

Hi.

No the roads are not misplaced.

From  your screenshot, I would say you are somewhere in the Global world, not in a full blown Orbx Region.

Unless you are in a region, where the roads and textures are custom mapped, your roads and textures will overlay one another. If you read your Vector manual you will see how the layers of scenery interact.  The Vector (roads) info is not in the same layer as the underlying textures, which is determined by the designated landclass assigned to a particular piece of earth.  Put on top of one another scenery elements do not fully align unless the landclass and vector roads data are customized.

The depiction above is similar to default FSX, road cut through the ground textures, Global is no different. Global is just a texture replacement. And Vector improves on the default linear data elements ie like shorelines, water bodies, roads, certain delineated info like a golf course.

If your question is road and highways, can these be removed, it is possible but this will impact large areas of scenery and has unintended consequences (ie you wont have any roads) to the appeal of the vector information.

Vector has a configurer as you noted.  While I have Vector I also have UTX.  I have never experimented with the configurer to see if the check boxes actually remove the entire road types or rather just remove the features listed under the road type.  Give it a try or perhaps someone else knows that answer.

In UTX one can add and remove road types if desired and modify their widths among other things.

Basically you have to live with it until someone like Orbx makes a custom regional scenery.  Do you have any regions as if you do you would see how great things line up.

HI jalmond,

You will have this issue until someone comes up with whole custom cities and you will not like it's price could it be done!!  What you're seeing is correctly placed roads over "pictures" of cities made into land class textures that have roads as part of the picture.  Our roads will remove autogen buildings so they do not (generally) sit on top of the Vector roads but that's about the best we can do.  It's most noticeable in large cities with many large roads in real life as you see in your example screenshot.

Cheers, Neil

Archived