Carenado 525A Citation C12

John York

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I've spent hours trying to unlock the secret of the altitude control of the above aircraft.

I've got the auto pilot working directionally but just can't find the controls and fathom out how to get the altitiude control working.

There's no manual, so I can't check that so I would appreciate some help please.

Many thanks.

John

Try using just Vertical Speed - for instance put you next altitude in if you want to go higher turn up the VS - You want to go down to an altitude put in the lower altitude then turn VS down should level off at input altitudes this works for me for all the carenados when all else fails

I was interested in the plane.  Can't answer you question but am stumped that there isn't a full operational manual.

I see all these listed, but I guess they don't cover the autopilot.

525A Emergency Procedures PDF.
525A Normal Procedures PDF.
525A Performance Tables
Carenado Proline 21 PDF
Recommended Settings PDF

Thanks rsvette 12.

Never thought of that.  Don't know why.  It's virtually the same as the Phenom then.  I'll try it.

John

Ok - with your help I've got the 'up and down' sorted.

I did a nice FIR flight from Cardiff to Poitiers this afternoon and that was good.  However, I had the opportunity to land using ILS but........one last question please then I'll get out of your hair.  I can turn the CRS knob but can't see what the damn thing registers i.e. where I'm turning it to or from!  I would have thought it would be the long green arrow on the flight but that doesn't seem to move.  Neither are there any numbers present. 

The result was, I had to land it manually which was no hardship really because the 'plane is a delight to fly manually, but in bad visibility it would have been a no, no.

Please tell me, what am I missing now?

Thanks

John

PS - Oh for a manual!

Archived