Texture issues since last FTX Central / Library updates

jnovoa

Both FSX and P3D v3.35 have had issues displaying textures correctly since the last update to FTX Central / ORBX Libraries. The install went smoothly for both but after several weeks of flying, I have found texture issues (almost like the LC is messed up) in several regions, global americas and global/EU LC. Please advise.

I am not an ORBX rep or affiliated to ORBX. But... I was also one with with various apparent textures issues (landclass related) that occured after I ran the migration. I had posted something on the forums, but I think it got lost in the server move.

I was away for the last two weeks and had no chance to try to work this out. But today, I re-load one problematic flight I had identified PASX to PAHO in NA SAK. Essentially, the entire peninsula was a big city. That might be Alaska in 2050, but not at the moment! Also, it was evident that city textures were loaded instead of water textures (for example, Tustumena Lake was barely visible). 

A reload of that flight gave me the same results. Of note, I also had similar issues in EU Wales. 

But: no apparent issues in various parts of the world using Global (in non "fat" regions).

So I went and check my insertion points in Central. The OLC entry was ABOVE the FTX entry. I moved it back below and saved. A reload at PASX showed I had now the correct textures (that was mostly from a 'top down' view in spot mode, no time to take a flight) and that part of Alaska was back to its wilderness state! 

So for the issues related to wrong textures being loaded, that MIGHT be a solution. Will likely have to time to have a test flight this evening. 

Just food for thoughts...

Archived