Washington DC scenery

hwh86

There are highrise buildings between the Washington Monument and the White House where there should be parklands only. I don't have a third party add-on for Washington. Could someone please comment as to what may be the reason.

washington.jpg

11 hours ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

Hi hwh85,

The terrain mesh looks quite lumpy as well.  The Whitehouse lawn and circular garden is definitely missing.

I though that too but not having flown in that airspace for a long while I have no idea how long it has been like that. I have had the Pilots global mesh right from the start and everywhere else it seems to be just right. I hope somebody from the Orbx Team will read my post one day and make some useful comment.

Hi hwh85,

Have you tried disabling Pilots FSGlobal Mesh (temporarily), give that a try. Although it may be a LC issue and unrelated to mesh entirely.  What I can tell you with FTX GlobalBase mine looks OK. I have FreeMeshX but the US (North America) is not yet enhanced with higher LOD using FMX.

btw I am not migrated & still using libs v160321 FTXCv2.0

Hi hwh85,

I was going to edit my post above, (too late!!) I was only speculating on how you came to have both wrong LC and Autogen as well as lumpy terrain, but I think you can pretty much disregard any notion that mesh is at issue, other than curing the lumpy terrain which should be pretty much flat in that location.

there is a WashDCxv1_0 scenery zip file I got from AVsim online file library that is excellent. Capitol Mall is nice and Accurate. :)

I've landed my Marine one Uh-60 often on the WH lawn between the building and the fountain. 

On 30/06/2016 at 0:39 AM, Jeff Gilmour said:

Hi hwh85,

Have you tried disabling Pilots FSGlobal Mesh (temporarily), give that a try. Although it may be a LC issue and unrelated to mesh entirely.  What I can tell you with FTX GlobalBase mine looks OK. I have FreeMeshX but the US (North America) is not yet enhanced with higher LOD using FMX.

btw I am not migrated & still using libs v160321 FTXCv2.0

I have tried your suggestion and disabled the Pilots mesh for North America. You were right, here are the comparative results.

First, with it on:

pilots_north_america_on.jpg

And the Washington Monument with mesh ON

on.jpg

Now with the Pilots mesh disabled

pilots_north_america_off.jpg

and the base of the monument with mesh off

off.jpg

Which now begs the question, did I waste a lot of my money for the complete Pilots 2010 Global Ftx, which is purported to have been used by Orbx/Ftx as the basis for the entire scenery anyway, only to end up with more problems than I would have had without. I remember there was a lot of discussion on this forum on the subject and the final word from Orbx was that the addition of Pilots mesh would be beneficial. Now I am going to disable all the Pilots mesh files and see what happens. It would be nice to hear from the developers.

On 30/06/2016 at 4:47 AM, FireRx said:

there is a WashDCxv1_0 scenery zip file I got from AVsim online file library that is excellent. Capitol Mall is nice and Accurate. :)

I've landed my Marine one Uh-60 often on the WH lawn between the building and the fountain. 

Hi FireRx, as you can see I have installed WashDCxv1_0 and it works, thanks, what a difference.

Cheers, Les

Archived