FTX England CTD

Lamb4chop

Hi

I have been using FTX global since it was released and has been a great addition to FSX. So with the enjoyment I have had with this product I thought I would treat myself to your FTX England product.

Since I purchased this and installed it I started having CTD after about 20-30 mins. I never had any CTD before and had been running FSX trouble free for many years.

I have tried searching for this issue but not had any luck. I have tried uninstall and reinstall as well as making sure I followed the correct procedure for installation making sure I update the ORBX Libraries after running everything.

Another strange issue with this is that the CTD does not produce any error report.  Everyone says that is impossible for it to crash without an error report but I work in IT support and I know windows event viewer and windows error reporting inside out and use this to do my job daily. So the issue I get is not that it has "Stopped responding" it literally closes the process and also closes my EZCA.exe process as well.

I had issues with FSX many years ago which did generate event logs showing the offending modules e.g "Uiautomationcore.dll" and these helped me to diagnose and fix issues so that I could have a trouble free installation.

Now another reason why I know that it is FTX England that is causing the problem is if I remove the sceneries for England it does not crash anymore. This is a shame as I like what FTX England brings to FSX such as the much improved default airports (which are insanely better) and the improved mesh which makes the landscape feel more alive.

However as soon as I turn on England scenery 20-30 mins flying and CTD turn it off and trouble free. I would love to get this working please help as I don't even know where to look without an event viewer error report.

Archived