Issues with new FSX install and Base/Vector

I just installed FSX:SE on a brand new install of Windows 7. I then installed FTX Global Base and FTX Vector. I was a bit disappointed, to say the least -- the textures look pretty much the same as prior to installing the products. I then saw someone's screenshot from Adelaide in AU saying you could tell if FTX Global is working properly by the brown landscape there in the summer. So I took a flyover -- not only do I see tons of trees that weren't in the user's screenshot, I also found some weird glitches.

Can someone take a look at these pics and let me know if A) FTX Global Base is actually loaded and working? .B) what can I do about those weird glitchy spots near Adelaide?

I am running DX10 preview mode with Steve's DX10 fixer applied, and I do see Base and Vector listed in the FSX scenery library...

The first shots are from CT area near KDXR, the others are Adelaide

Please help!! I've tried reinstalling base, installed the updates for both base and vector, and I'm not sure where to go from here!

20160618021556_1.jpg

20160618031932_1.jpg

20160618031953_1.jpg

20160618111402_1.jpg

20160618112053_1.jpg

20160618112044_1.jpg

On 6/18/2016 at 10:36 AM, lootcorp said:

I just installed FSX:SE on a brand new install of Windows 7. I then installed FTX Global Base and FTX Vector. I was a bit disappointed, to say the least -

I did not install DX fixer but had some not so pleasant results with SE on a fresh Win  7.

And yes, insure the install of Global is working.

I reformatted my C drive and chose Win X (bought version) to install.  My textures look excellent and not a shame for leaving P3Dv3.3.  Before you go too far in your install, make sure this is the course you want with Win7.  I can attest to the overall acceptability of SE to a purchased copy of Win X to drive it.

Archived