Need Advice

Lou_Frost

I'm wanting to purchase an LCD monitor - wide screen - probably at least 22" so as to maintain the height that I have now with my 19" CRT.

I realize that the refresh rate is a major issue, but other than that have no idea what to buy. Any suggeestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I posted this also in the VOZ forum. There was info about this before the "hack".

Thanks, in advance.

Hi Lou, the Dell 24" LCD widescreen is what I use at home and it's a beauty. We can buy it now in Oz for AU$1000, which is $500 less than 12 months ago when I purchased mine.

It's 8ms response and runs at 1920x1200, so it's perfect for FS.

Is that the 2407WFP?

Ordered. It'll be here on Monday. Got it for $679US. (pre-tax) $737 after. I think they knew it was for Flight Sim - hence the price after tax.

I was reading a review from this fellow that watches HDTV on it also. Another plus.

Tony/Jonh do you folks have HDTV? Is your DEll hooked up to it?

My ISP (Comcast) is also my cable TV provider. I had them over here yesterday to set me up for HDTV reception (only $5US/mo.). I already watch some TV on my computer and I just upgraded the ATI driver for the video card and it has HD capability. I can certainly see a difference between the TV and the monitor, but I think it's the same as before. I just have a few more stations to choose from. The Dell gets here on Monday.

John - I'm still stuck on the first video you did for VOZ - in the fall of 2005 - the one with the music from Pirates of the Caribbean - I finally ordered that DVD yesterday - to go with the Dell.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived