KBHB Bar Harbor Issues

kityatyi

Hello all,

Purchased Bar Harbor on the day of release. I am experiencing two issues right from the beginning, and solely on the KBHB scenery.

1st, the yellow taxiway markings flicker, not even flicker, but turn from strong yellow to pale yellow and sometimes disappear fully, then reappear.

2nd, no shadows on the taxiway (see attached image).

Apart from these, great scenery, and I am looking forward to more East Coast US destinations from ORBX developers!

u.jpg

Alex - first of all, let me grab the opportunity and congratulate to this wonderful scenery. When I first came across the announcement that a Maine airport is in the works, I already knew it will be a release day purchase for me. I have never been to Maine, never even visited the US (first visit planned for this October) but maybe it is the many Stephen King books that I have read - for some reason I love the state of Maine and I always wanted a nice "home base" in flight simulator ever since. And now, with KBHB, here it is, and what a superb  scenery you have created! Thank you so much, and please make more East Coast US "destinations" under FTX Global, your work is state-of-the-art really.

Now as for my P3D version, I have been using v3.2 as I am too lazy to re-install almost 200 GB of stuff. I give 3.3 a few weeks and see if it is worth all the effort.

Friedi - spot on, thank you for the suggestion! Although it was not the "Simobjects" tick box that solved it for me but the "Buildings" one, but now I have shadows on the runways and taxiways! 

Now there is only the taxiway markings that needs some solution as they turn from brighter yellow to paler yellow and sometimes disappear and then reappear again as I taxi (or move the camera around).

Attached are two images, one when the taxiway marking is brighter yellow, and the other one after I moved the camera a bit and the marking turned paler.

Cheers,
Zsolt

u.jpg

uu.jpg

Thanks Zsolt, I've tweaked some of the ground polygon layering, I do not have P3D 3.2 anymore so please try this hotfix and see if it resolves the taxiway line issue:

Orbx_KBHB_gp.zip

This file will go into ...Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KBHB\scenery, you can back up the existing Orbx_KBHB_gp.BGL or overwrite it. I think 3.3 may resolve these issues as well, it has fixes for native format ground polygons, but this file should work fine in both, and hopefully resolve the 3.2 flickers.

I am glad you are enjoying it, I love Maine as well, the rocky coasts and nature are incredible. I have some more northeastern projects up my sleeve, next one is probably going to be a trio of summer colony airports :)

Hey Alex,

You are doing things fast, I did not expect such a quick solution! I am gonna give it a try first thing in the morning and then report back! Thank you so much!

It is great to hear that you are going to come up with more NE US stuff, I am very excited about them already! KBHB needs company, more high quality ORBX destinations to visit, within range of a GA aircraft. :-)

Norwood, near Boston would be a great project, so many Youtube General Aviation cockpit videos feature departures out of or arrivals into Norwood, must be a busy GA airport.

:-)

Best regards,
Zsolt

Got your post tidied up, no worries, the site server has been acting up today.

Please do let me know if that one doesn't work, there's an endless number of tweaks and re-configurations I can try to defeat the flickers. 

Hello again!

I tried the new .bgl file - unfortunately the issue still does exist. I try to describe it better. It is not your typical flickering that sometimes occur with textures on buildings, ground and such. It only seems to affect the yellow taxiway markings on this one and only airport.

Let's say I start taxi. As I follow the taxiway marking and turn, suddenly for strong bright yellow it goes to a pale yellow. Or when I move the camera. The other time the whole marking disappears and there is no taxiway centerline to follow, until it reappears a minute later. It does not do that constant flickering that often happens with textures.

Attached are two images, both taken in quick succession one after the other. The first from outside view, where you can see the taxiway markings. But going back to the cockpit, there is no taxiway lines at all. This long straight stretch of taxiway give the same "result" every time. Departing the GA Stand 8, I taxi past the static airplanes, the markings turn to pale yellow. As I then turn left onto the long taxiway parallel to RWY 04/22, taxiing to the 22 end, shortly the taxiway marking disappears (but it still there when I switch to outside view). However, approaching the 22 end (but still on the taxiway) finally the yellow markings come back. It always happens and every time exactly like I described.

But that long stretch of taxiway is not the only part where the taxiway marking does this, it also happens if I taxi to the 04 of the runway, it disappears for a few seconds in the urn right onto the taxiway (where you would turn left to taxi to the 22 end) and then it keeps changing between pale and stronger yellow.

Please look at the attached images, as I mentioned, both taken at the same place I just quickly changed views. Inside - no markings. Outside - markings OK.

If that helps, I will try to record a taxi video using Shadowplay, just need to know how can I share it with you. Never recorded a single video ever so won't be a a Hollywood movie but might help finding the cuplrit. Let me know if you want me to record my taxi.

Thank you so much!

u.jpg

uu.jpg

Two more screenshots. Observe the red paint is present in both interior / exterior view however the yellow markings can only be seen from the exterior view. Interesting. Can it be an A2A aircraft specific thing? SO far I only used my A2A products on the scenery, 182, Comanche and the Texan. I will test that too and report back.

i.jpg

ii.jpg

Two more screenshots. Observe the red paint is present in both interior / exterior view however the yellow markings can only be seen from the exterior view. Interesting. Can it be an A2A aircraft specific thing? SO far I only used my A2A products on the scenery, 182, Comanche and the Texan. I will test that too and report back.

i.jpg

ii.jpg

Tested with other aircraft - same result. Below are two screenshots with a default P3D simobject.

There seem to be three "stages" of intensity. A bright yellow, a pale yellow, and no marking at all.

y.jpg

yyy.jpg

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.jpg

Ok, let's try again :)

This one has pushed apart the ground polygon layers as far as they can feasibly go, so there should be no layer shifting or fighting. If this one does not resolve it, then the bug may be the same as the other native Prepar3D ground polygon bugs that are in v3.2. v3.3 corrected these but as you may have seen, at the expense of breaking some other things (to be hotfixed soon I hear).

Anyway, give this one a go and let's see how it works:

Orbx_KBHB_gp.zip

Hmm looks like the files were lost during the web server hiccups last week. I'll be home from FlightSimCon this afternoon and will re-upload it to test out then.

The P3D 3.3 update (with new hotfix) should also resolve the issue, it corrects many of the ground polygon problems introduced by 3.2.

Hi Alex,

Thank you, I will check back to see if the file is up. I am not [yet] planning to update to v3.3, too lazy to uninstall almost 200 GB of stuff then re-download and reinstall them all again. So for now, I keep using 3.2 I guess. :-)

Cheers,
Zsolt

Here's the revised ground polygon file:

Orbx_KBHB_gp.zip

See if this one does ok with flickering, if it fails then the issue may be permanently bugged in 3.2. KSQL and KCGX both suffer the bug as well with their native ground polygons.

Also, there's not need to uninstall everything to update P3D. You can download the 3.3 client installer, uninstall the 3.2 client, install the 3.3 client and be up again flying in less than 30 minutes :) 

5 hours ago, Alex Goff said:

Here's the revised ground polygon file:

Orbx_KBHB_gp.zip

See if this one does ok with flickering, if it fails then the issue may be permanently bugged in 3.2. KSQL and KCGX both suffer the bug as well with their native ground polygons.

Also, there's not need to uninstall everything to update P3D. You can download the 3.3 client installer, uninstall the 3.2 client, install the 3.3 client and be up again flying in less than 30 minutes :) 

Seriously? No need to uninstall? Not even the add-ons? That is great news, I check out this newest fix and if it doesn't work I am gonna update then! Thank you for letting me know! As for the fix, I will report back! Thank you Alex once again!

Cheers,
Zsolt

Hi again!

Unfortunately the markings still do disappear-reappear. I will update P3D know, it does not seem that complicated, knowing that there is no need to uninstall / reinstall everything.

Thank you for your efforts Alex,

Best regards,
Zsolt

Archived