AERO is great for snow as well!

Thanks!

Dont you just love Bob Quinn Lake..  :)

Hehe, I see that you already know all the locations by heart. ;)

I have Aero. Undoubtedly I'm being thick, but I can't achieve that snow. Can someone please share the secret?

I'm afraid you won't be able to find a snowed in field like that in Australia. This is a shot from Tongass Fjords X (Alaska/Canada).

Duh! Thick as a brick. Thanks. But how come free Australia textures  produce/enhance perfect snow in payware alaska? I'm doubly curious because I have today installed a payware UK airport, and the grass is the spitting image of free REX grass textures.

Duh! Thick as a brick. Thanks. But how come free Australia textures   produce/enhance perfect snow in payware alaska? I'm doubly curious because I have today installed a payware UK airport, and the grass is the spitting image of free REX grass textures.

That's because the detail1.bmp file, that is replaced by the REX grass or the AERO surface texture (both are mutually exclusive, you can only have one or the other), is a global texture file that is supposed to enhance the close up quality of the ground all over the FSX world.

Thanks!

I'm afraid you won't be able to find a snowed in field like that in Australia. This is a shot from Tongass Fjords X (Alaska/Canada).

You can actually, try Mt Hotham in the winter

Archived