Problem with FTX NA AI Traffic v1.20 on P3D v3.2

Last week I installed FTX NA AI Traffic into my P3D v3.2 and it was working just fine. Thank you ORBX for that wonderful freeware. I was a happy camper to see all that GA traffic! I was especially thrilled to see that, amongst all that GA traffic at CZBB, there was the Beech Duchess C-GIFR, which is a real life airplane operated by Pro IFR flight school at that airport and which I used to fly back in the days when I was a flight instructor. But then it all stopped working. This happened right after I installed WoAI. Now I get no GA traffic at all. WoAI airliners work fine but no GA. At airports like CZBB, my plane would be the only one there. Also, another thing that started happening at the same time is the simconnect 50 sec timeout error.

When I uninstalled FTX NA AI Traffic, the simconnect error went away. And when I reinstalled FTX NA AI Traffic, it came back and still no GA AI. I'm not sure what's happening here but something went wrong after installing WoAI. But I can't see how that could be the cause since WoAI is installed into its own directory in C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\WoAI. Could someone please help figure this out? Thank you.

The FTX Traffic packs use FSX compiled traffic files while the WOAI ones are compiled as FS9 ones. They will not work together as each has its own days structure. When FSX or P3D find the two file types they suppress the FSX ones and give precedence to the FS9 ones.

You can fix this by recompiling the WOAI ones to FSX traffic files by using the AI Flight Planner facility created by Don Grovestine. Much has been written on this topic over the years so a search on this forum or the broader net should give you all the information you need to sort this.

16 hours ago, Graham Eccleston said:

The FTX Traffic packs use FSX compiled traffic files while the WOAI ones are compiled as FS9 ones. They will not work together as each has its own days structure. When FSX or P3D find the two file types they suppress the FSX ones and give precedence to the FS9 ones.

You can fix this by recompiling the WOAI ones to FSX traffic files by using the AI Flight Planner facility created by Don Grovestine. Much has been written on this topic over the years so a search on this forum or the broader net should give you all the information you need to sort this.

Thank you for your help Graham! May I make a suggestion? And I don't mean this in a negative way. May I suggest adding that to the FTX Traffic manual because I read it before I did the initial installation and in there it said that FTX NA AI Traffic will work fine with both payware and freeware traffic packages including WoAI, for the exception of the possible renaming of trafficAircraft.bgl by some other package. That would certainly save people a lot of time in the future.

Thank you again.

21 hours ago, Graham Eccleston said:

I use the AI Flight Planner as you suggested and it worked. Thank you Graham! However, the "simconnect 50 second timeout" error is still unresolved. I've uninstalled and reinstalled FTX Traffic 3 times so far and every time I uninstall it, the error goes away and when I re-install it the error comes back.

Archived