61WA with FTX Global

Der Flieger

Hi everyone,

I have just done a big clean-up and reinstallation of my FSX collection. At the moment only my "base layer" of products is installed: FTX Global, Vector, FS Global 2010, openLC EU, openLC NA Alaska/Canada and FTX Trees HD.

While doing a test flight from the default Friday Harbour set up, I noticed a patch of desert which turned out to be 61WA in the vicinity of KFHR. I never noticed it before so I am wondering if something with my new installation went wrong, or if this is a bug.

Maybe someone with a similar set-up would be so kind and could have a look in his sim to check if this is "normal"?

2016-5-17_0-44-52-48n5res.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

After turning off PNW I see what you see except the background grass is green and I don't see the airport in a hole ( I don't have FS Global 2010 ).  The two lakes at the north end are on a plateau like yours which at present will continue to be an issue I think.  Try running the "Run Auto- Configuration" tool in Vector to clear up the "airport in a hole" issue but you will still have the two lakes at the north end to contend with.  I'll mention them to Bernd to see if they can be fixed in the upcoming Vector 1.40 release.

Cheers, Neil

11 hours ago, Neil Hill said:

Hi Sebastian,

After turning off PNW I see what you see except the background grass is green and I don't see the airport in a hole ( I don't have FS Global 2010 ).  The two lakes at the north end are on a plateau like yours which at present will continue to be an issue I think.  Try running the "Run Auto- Configuration" tool in Vector to clear up the "airport in a hole" issue but you will still have the two lakes at the north end to contend with.  I'll mention them to Bernd to see if they can be fixed in the upcoming Vector 1.40 release.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Neil,

thanks for your reply!

I have ran the "Auto-Configuration" of the Vector tool, unfortunately with the same result...the canyon and lakes still persist. At least I managed to solve the problem with the desert texture by simply reinstalling the latest ORBX libraries.

I also tried to run the "Terrain Config Tool" which comes with FS Global 2010. I don't really know which setting in the tool is the correct one..."FS Global 2010" or "Default". Considering that I also have Vector running, I am not sure which setting in the FS Global tool is the right one.

Maybe Bernd can shed some light on this?

Cheers,

Sebastian

Archived