YMML Ground Textures problem

akontra

Hi there,

I've just purchased and installed YMML to FSX SE. Prior to that I have been running FTX Aus SP4 without any issues.

Once you are airborne, the view looks good - though quite jumpy. However, when the on the ground, the surface texture is extremely blurry on taxiways and aprons. This appears to be a common problem with quite a few posts making reference to it in the past. Changing to recommended settings, e.g. 7cm, etc... has made some improvement. However, I notice that ground texture is still very slow to load, and typically is struggling to keep up with the speed of the aircraft. Can someone please help me with several questions:-

• apart from recommended settings is there anything else I should be looking at to improve ground texture and performance?
  • if this is a "characteristic" of the product, is there a way of reverting back to default FSX ground texture while still retaining FTX buildings, etc...
  • If the answers to the both above are negative, is there an uninstaller for YMML which will not interfere with any of the previous elements of the FSX, including FTX AUS?

Thank you in advance.

akontra

Archived