airports all grass

Jackietools

. Right now I am reinstalling ORBX products. Started with Global..Suddenly all airports I go to are all grass with no concrete runways or taxiways. I noticed I had DX 10 checked. When I uncheck it scenery loaded normal. Problem is I have been having a problem starting FSX last couple of days. When DX 10 is checked it loads fine but if I uncheck it I get splash scree and it closes. Have to repeat the 3-4 times to get FSX to open and then it may crash when loading a flight. Are there any scenery config changes I need to make. What should affinity mask be for an i7-3770? Thanks

Standard questions.

1-  Did you install the latest library files ?

2-  Did you after installing the library files, open FTX Central, and apply "Global"  as your active area?

Yes. Seems right now the only way I can get my FSX Steam to run is with DX10 checked. I applied an old DX10 fix I had and ran it. That corrected the runways being all grass. Also installed vector and all works with DX10 checked after I applied that DX10 fix. I shouldn't have to run FSX in DX10 but can not figure why it will not run if not in DX10. I'm almost certain it is not your product but for now I guess I will leave it. Ill send you the program I ran that corrected the problem in DX10. Maybe someone else can use it. Thanks. I'm open to any ideas you may have of why Ihave to run FSX in DX10 for it to run. Thanks again. are ORBX products supposed to run with DX10 checked?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D16A09971BED78F3!21850&authkey=!AHqJS6OQJ0XjQeY&ithint=folder%2cvbs

This may help to clear things up. It is a post I made to Dovetail games so I guess it is not your product causing the problem but Im open to any ideas. Thank You.

This is a post I made to Dovetail games in February in regards to same issue I am having now.

Me:      Can't think of any changes I made but FSX Steam has had to be started and restarted up to three times to get running the last two days. When I end a flight the program closes instead of just ending flight. I did clean install and still get same problem and a new one. At startup it is asking for a disk in a drive? Did integrity check and still get same problem. Any ideas welcome. Thanks.

I guess I had this happen before a couple of months ago so it is not ORBX. This is the reply I received from Dovetail games.

Them:    There is currently a known issue with Nvidia 900 series graphics cards working correctly with Windows 10 operating system. Unfortunately, this is beyond our control.

A real helpful answer!!!

So I said:

So replacing my Nvidea card with an AMD should resolve the issue?

And they said:

It may resolve the issue. You could always select an alternative series of Nvidia card.

So what it comes down to I am basically getting same problem and it is a graphics related problem be it the Nvidea card or having to have DX10 checked. They weren’t very helpful. I guess that is why they have not replied to another request for assistance I sent them.

Archived