9800GX2 too GTX 275

jnrjim67

Hi guys I bit the bullet and went from my 9800GX2 to a new GTX 275 seeing as they are now under AU$300 I figured its value for money. I wasnt going to upgrade wanted to do a full one with an i7 soon  but the price of these GTX 275 at the moment is hard to walk by, anyway for comparisons sake all I can say is wow for FSX its about  25% better in frames compared to my old card which I thought was good. So for any of those with 9800 based video cards and earlier its a well worth upgrade to get one of these cards there a gem in FSX and great value for money.

Cheers

Jim

Hi Doug

Let us know how you go and you will see a difference especially when higher AA is enabled they just dont feel the performance drop like the previous generation do and being a GTX 280 OC your on a winner.

I swapped a 8800 GTX for a 280 GTX and the difference is huge at 1920x1200 to say the least...

Yeah exactly Im running that res too with high AA and thats where I think the new GTX 200 series come into play compared to the older Nvidia GPU's and FSX.

How hi are you running your AA with this cards chaps?

Currently i am using enhancer with 8SxAA combined and 16xAF ...

Is there a need to still use enhancer with this type of card or just use the Nvidia control panel?

Thanks guys - a whole new world for me this is!  :-\

Regards

Doug

One PC with the 280 GTX (overclocked to 745/2700) at 1920 and one PC with the 275 GTX (Turbo mode thing) at 1680 both with nHancer :

MS Flight Simulator X: Customized Profile

AA: 8xSQ,Gamma,TranspSS

AF: 16x

VSync: On TripleBuffer+

Perf: Qual

NegLOD: Clamp

Not sure if Gamma and Transparency does something...

Archived