About to update P3D. Will I retain my FTX Global and Vector?

darth_damian_000

Hello everyone. I am about to update my p3d software. I have FTX global and Vector, and I want to know if I will retain my license. I don't want to but these add-ons once again. I am doing a reinstall method of updating, as opposed to a clean install.

Another question I want to ask is....Is there some way I can "unlicense" my products so that I can re-use them after I update?

Thank you!

Hi

Here is a copy of part of the EULA licence that covers all Orbx products.

You may install, access, and run a SINGLE copy of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT on a SINGLE personal computer for your personal, non-commercial, non-profit use

You can therefore load and unload the software as often as you like and Orbx also allows you to download your software from the FSS where you purchased it, unlimited, by logging on to your FSS account.

Kind regards

Ian

Damian, Welcome, if your Orbx scenery is activated on your PC for P3d now you will not need to do anything else, please make sure your installers are the latest quad installers(FSX FSX steam, P3d v1-2-3) and also the latest Orbx library's, the good thing about all Orbx products is it`s a 1 time activation unless you reinstall your OS or upgrade major hardware like mobo etc.

Edit: and what Ian said above

Also, Orbx staff has previously stated that it's fine to have one Orbx license installed into multiple flight simulators (such as all of P3Dv2, P3Dv3, FSX boxed and FSX:Steam) running on the same computer.  No need to "uninstall" Orbx products from any previously installed flight simulator on the same computer.

Also, the Orbx products can be "reinstalled" into the same flight simulator again and again, without having to uninstall them first.

On 4/26/2016 at 4:06 AM, rick66 said:

1 time activation unless you reinstall your OS or upgrade major hardware like mobo etc.

The terms don't say anything about upgrading hardware. I am actually planning on getting a new SSD, and I want to make sure that my license gets preserved. What steps do I need to take for ORBX products?

2 hours ago, darth_damian_000 said:

The terms don't say anything about upgrading hardware.

The terms will not mention it because it`s not related to the product, if you upgrade or change your cpu or mobo(not SSD or Hard drive) this will affect your computers digital signature which will then create problems for any software that requires electronic registration, it`s fairly common knowledge.

2 hours ago, darth_damian_000 said:

I want to make sure that my license gets preserved. What steps do I need to take for ORBX products?

I think your reading into it to much, for the sake of not confusing you it`s very simple. Buy the product, download it, run the installer and register the software, forget it.. done go fly, if you uninstall an Orbx product and change the hard drive or a gpu or any everyday upgrade that`s fine, you just reinstall orbx again and your done.. go fly, however if it`s Major(as above) you will need to activate it again. 1 product 1 computer multiple versions of Flightsim.

Archived