Newbie has a lot of questions! :)

Hello Experts,

I am using the FSX:SE with some scenery addons. Furthermore, I use an Oculus Rift DK2 and a Leap Motion Controller.

Now, I have some questions about my configuration and the scenery library.

1. I bought FS Global 2010 at Steam but I cant find it in the scenery library, where is it?

2. The same for the VFR Real Scenery GB vol.1- 4. Bought, installed but I cant find them in the Scenery Library, where they are?

3. I installed some ORBX addons, more specifically the ORBX FTX Global, is it usually listed in the scenery library?

4. Is the sequence of the sceneries in my scenery library correct?

5. Is here someone with Oculus Rift DK2, Flyinside and FSX experience?

6. Are there specific things that must I set for using FSX with the Oculus Rift DK2 and Flyinside?

7. Could I get problems with the Oculus Rift DK2 when I use HD airplane addons (for example Carenado P46T)?

I am planning to do flights from northern Germany, over Denmark right through Norway and back.

My Hardware:
QuadCore AMD FX-4170
NVIDIA Geforce 970 (4GB) / NVIDIA Driver v364.72
16GByte RAM

Leap Motion Controller

Oculus Rift DK2

Some software details:

Windows 10 64Bit

Oculus App v1.3.1.207417
Flyinside FSX v1.5 (start as Administrator)
Leap Motion v3.1.1+39958
ORBX FTX Global
ORBX FTX Vector
ORBX FTX OpenEurope

ORBX FTX Norway

...and other addons

Regards, best wishes from Germany and hoping for a reply,

Marco

fsx.CFG

Scenery.CFG

I cannot answer everything as I'm still waiting for my CV1 to arrive and use P3D only. But I can tell you so much:

1.) I don't see any entry for FSGlobal in your scenery.cfg where it should be. Reinstall or add it manually.

2.) probably same as above (I don't own it)

3.) FTX Global does exchange the default texture files only. That's why there is no entry in the scenery library for that.

4.) it looks ok to me. As a beginner you should look at the very first post in the German section. It's a comprehensive beginner's guide by our restless Friedi. It's valid for P3D as well as for FSX.

For the other questions another one has to take over.

Hello Vora,

thanks for the reply and informations. I know that FS Global 2010 does not exist in my FSX scenery library. Steam shows me that FS Global 2010 is installed but it is not. I installed it again via Steam but it had the same effect. I found the 25GByte files of FS Global 2010 Scenery in "G:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\FSX\DLC\379551".

I tried to installed the scenery via FSX options but I had no chance. I found furthermore all DLCs that I bought via Steam in the "DLC" directory and I think all of them are not installed/listed in FSX!

These are my Steam FSX Addons bought via Steam:

FS Global 2010

VFR Real Scenery 1-4 (GB)

HD Airport Graphics Addon

Dangerous Approaches

Discover Great Britain

Discover Arabia

Around the World in 80 Flight

I tried to start the DLCHelper.exe in the "_DLCConfigData" directory but the only thing I got was an error message in a pop upl window (look at the screenshot)!

Whats is going wrong here?

Regards,

Marco

Error.JPG

Sorry, I have no FSX:SE, so I cannot really help here. All I can say is that none of your DLCs can be found in the scenery.cfg file you provided.

This forum section has very little traffic, so I'd recommend you post your specific problem in the FSX:SE section or German section. Your chances are better there

For the Rift-related questions I hope that aero-3fsx will chime in as he seems to have experience with the DK1 and FlyInside.

Hello Folks,

Vora (member of this forum) told me, it would be much better to post my problems in this subforum. You can find my original thread/problems here: New has a lot of questions!

Amongst to other problems/questions, I have problems with all addons that I bought at Steam. Steam, show me that they are installed but they are not installed.

Please, help me!

Regards from Germany,

Marco

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, school is over since a lot of years! :)

Archived