AU Tiles - Please confirm

yorgosGK

Hey legendary support team.

I was hoping one of you fellas could help me out real quick. I just bought AUS SP4 yesterday and I installed it - currently flying out of YSSY for the first time heading North West and I am seeing a LOT of dramatic tile patterns happening....I have FTX Global / Vector in the area and running in Hybrid Mode. All addons in my signature are installed. 

Would love if someone goes to the lat/long in my screens at FL320 to confirm this is how it needs to look. Tile patterns drive me insane : ( 

Thanks for your time. 

*Warning big pictures*

Spoiler

Ll1Wnii.jpg

V6HVKK0.jpg

hH0Hdg2.jpg

THIS ONE IS PARTICULARLY HORRIFYING...Is this the product? Or did I install wrong...I am running hybrid mode.
aqz7aZZ.jpg

Hi YorgosGK,

I'll take some pics from AUsp4.003 from my FSX installation Oceania Group (Active), no FTXVector which I don't own. 

Your ground scenery is being altered because you have not selected "Oceania" Group and still have FTXGlobal & FTXVector active in Hybrid mode.

As recommended by Holger for flying in Australia, Select "Oceania" Group (then temporarily uncheck the 4 vector entries ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ, ORBX!VECTOR_APT, ORBX!VECTOR_CVXORBX!VECTOR_ EXX, from your scenery library) 

Or select FTXGlobal + Hybrid Mode with the 4 vector entries unchecked (if flying out of AU Oceania to a global destination not covered by an FTX region you would then re-check these 4 Vector entries once out of the AU region, rebuild database, then keep flying to the destination).

1ace0618bf652e10ba03cea7023b2680.jpg

bd9d8cfed1bd87000866ceceed9b68b4.jpg

EDIT: Thought I would add a couple overhead shots, because the more I look the more repeditry the textures look, maybe Holger can confirm if they are correct.

3f5ff247b6ae5f49c3a5de5e149a9e1c.jpg

42cab9ee14638bab5f76724e4484c6a0.jpg

That is the first time I have heard of haveing to do all that to fly with this region. To be honest I don't really understand the below quote because I wont be able to run FTX Central having my sim open...and I am certainly not closing my flight to be doing all that.

37 minutes ago, Jeff Gilmour said:

As recommended by Holger for flying in Australia, Select "Oceania" Group (then temporarily uncheck the 4 vector entries ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ, ORBX!VECTOR_APT, ORBX!VECTOR_CVXORBX!VECTOR_ EXX, from your scenery library) 

Or select FTXGlobal + Hybrid Mode with the 4 vector entries unchecked (if flying out of AU Oceania to a global destination not covered by an FTX region you would then re-check these 4 Vector entries once out of the AU region, rebuild database, then keep flying to the destination

I applied the oceanic in my FTX Central V2. My vector is all checked-on in my scenery library, but it has only primary roads & beaches. Thank you for the stills!

Looks like you are getting these too. Lets hear it from a dev. Really really appreciate your time!

I had this issue with openLC EU in Greece. If you want you could go have a look at my posts in LC Support (I wont link as I am on my phone) but ORBX dev did confirm that the tiles where infact correct. So maybe this area is the same. I hope not. Thought an FTX region would certainly do the trick on removing all patterned tiles.

Thanks Jeff! :)

Hi YorgosGK,

You don't need to exit your flight or exit the sim nor open FTXCentral, unless it is to choose FTXGlobal +hybrid or Oceania group or any other Group, the Vector entries can be unchecked by going to the P3D menu, choose > World > Scenery Library. Uncheck or recheck the vector entries as needed for Oceania as per Holger's recommendations. Click OK to rebuild the Database and return to your flight.

I'm thinking that the textures are correct, even if they are repeditive, Australia is one of Orbx's earliest creations and therefore not as sophisticated as the later Regions, the whole point of Orbx scenery back then was for GA aircraft low and slow where repetition of the LC and textures was not as evident, things always look more repeditive the higher the altitude, particularly when the footprint area is 100NM as shown in my 3rd screenshot.

So Jeff I went back to AUS the other day in sim and I installed the Holgermesh (its great I might add) but after leaving YMML (this time) I am seeing dramatic dramatic tiles of textures....Like you said its one of their first regions and not by any means a VFR solution but I mean - jees! this looks absolutely horrifying lol tileing everywhere!5llQ4kx.jpg

Overall my FTX Experience in AUS hasn't been up to par with the others (of course this is pretty obvious as it is an older one...)

Thanks again Jeff for your help!

Hi YorgosGK,

I found an old topic from 2013, where the subject of repeating textures in Australia was raised. "FTXGlobal Base" had been released at this point and Australia was at SP4.003.

Holger provides some background and very informative explanation about the repeating texture issue. If you would like to read Holger's responses, go to the link below and read through the topic, his responses can be found at  ID:5  ID:7  ID:12.  It seems that we need more LC variety to place a wider variety of landuse in these areas where textures are only part of the picture.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/70080-repeating-textures-lcs-in-au-blue/#comment-644353

Yeah - I hear yeah, so basically we need to wait for LC Oceania which based on the roll-out plans, that is number 7......

I still can't really see a reason I purchased AUS SP4 at this moment...haven't benefited or been wowed at all by it yet. Just never though an FTX Region can produce so many repeated textures. Who would of thought!

Any who! Life goes on don't it lol

I live in Oz but don't like flying in Oceania for the same reasons. Somehow, even though Australia was the place where it all started, the Orbx developers have abandoned it like an orphan child. It is a great pity.

Archived