FTX and VSX

Guest AJT67

Guest AJT67

Hi community,

I know that I have previously discussed on the VOZ forums as to whether these two can run gracefully together, but I seem to have noted something tonight. I installed FTX over the top of VSX (which I installed several months ago) and the only place that did not look so good was Rottnest Island (I believe Dennis was aware of this). Anyway, after install of FTX, I noted that Perth and WA textures looked a little 'washed out" so to speak.

I decided tonight to uninstall VSX from my scenery library, and fire up FTX on it's own. This has had some weird effects; the 'washed out" look, is now gone, there appears to be heaps more details and landmarks over Perth city, BUT, the rendition of Perth airport (YPPH) looks very basic to say the least. Are there any known texture overlaps between the two? If I could have FTX with Dennis's Perth airport, I'd be perfectly happy.

Has anybody else noticed this? perhaps I need to re-organise the scenery order?

Many thanks in advance.

Andrew.

Guest AJT67

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry, at this moment I cannot; I'm at work up in Telfer, but I will be returning home to Perth next Monday (17/3/08).

Many thanks

Andrew.

Guest AJT67

LOL

Bugger these 14 hour shifts!

Sorry Rob, forgot to add something I did before flying out.

I removed SOME of the VSX entries, namely the VSX roads and the VSX landclass. This corrected my problem straight away. And I made sure that all of the FTX entries were above the VSX entries, sweet as. Looking firward to some real VFR flying when I get home.

Andrew.

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry, at this moment I cannot; I'm at work up in Telfer, but I will be returning home to Perth next Monday (17/3/08).

Many thanks

Andrew.

Don't forget you can get your order number by logging your account at the The FlightSim Store:

http://www.flightsimstore.com/ (click on "My Account at top right)

Look at your order history and get your number there.

Cheers,

Matt.

Archived