Issues with TAP and FNE

Kringer

Hi!

All the other A/Ps load correctly but these two TAP and FNE. Both have buildings floating and the RWY is only 1/2 there, it's a cliff for the most part. Running FSX and your Global software. See attached photos, thanks. And I love you work, it's 100% the best there is!

FNE1.jpg

TAP.jpg

TAP2.jpg

I too had similar problems with Fane (FNE) airstrip in the new FTX Tapini scenery but the actual Tapini airstrip and all others in FTX Tapini are fine for me.

My mesh was at 5m, Holgers PNG mesh was installed (and I even reinstalled his mesh) plus I ran the Airport Elevations Corrections Tool in FTX Global Vector plus checked other possibilities all to no avail.

Then checked for other PNG items I might have had installed and came across two files installed some years ago. These are PNG_AIRPORTS and PNG_AIRPORTS_PART_1. The instructions for these were to install the enclosed BGL files straight into fsx/addonscenery/scenery .

I deleted AFX_FNE.bgl and cvxFNE.bgl and because I had some totally inappropriate buildings at AYKO Kokoda from FTX Jacksons I also deleted AFX_KKD.bgl and cvxKKD.bgl.

My Fane airstrip now looks perfect and the buildings at Kokoda now look believable.

Hope this may help.

Archived