I wish to say sorry!

AussiePilot

I understand that i have made some people angry and im sorry, my comments towards the product from ORBX was arrogant possibly. You'll be glad to hear that i have invested in some new hardware 4GB Ram and 512 graphics card from Nvidia. I'm really sorry for my comments from previous posts and hope to be a part of the community, because theres on thing in common with us all...... we all love to fly! thanks.

I understand that i have made some people angry and im sorry, my comments towards the product from ORBX was arrogant possibly. You'll be glad to hear that i have invested in some new hardware 4GB Ram and 512 graphics card from Nvidia. I'm really sorry for my comments from previous posts and hope to be a part of the community, because theres on thing in common with us all...... we all love to fly! thanks.

Cheers AussiePilot, glad you were able to sort your hardware issues out.  We are all looking forward to experiencing many more surprises and good times with the Orbx products...  Well done on your thoughts above.

regards,

Top stuff Aussie, keep in mind,not wishing to put a downer on it, that the new ram and graphics will be limmited by the processor if you are still to be using the same mainboard and processor (matching ram speeds to the board etc).  All in all though your off to a good start, even high end graphic cards will need to be.....dare i say Tweeked to find their sweet spot in flight sims. ;D

No worries, aussiepilot.  :)

Emails don't show body language/tone of voice/facial expression - easy to have a lively discussion turn into a war.  Forgotten.

Just be aware, FSX is very CPU-speed-dependant.  I'm using an ATI X1950 512mB vidcard and getting smoother flying than someone with an nVidia 8800GTS just because my overclocked E6750 Core2Duo is slightly faster than their overclocked E6600.

Microsoft (Aces) bet on the wrong horse: they thought CPU speeds would increase radically in the short term.  Instead, what's happened is clock speeds have only increased marginally while number of cores is what's multiplying - from Single to Duo to Quad to Octa.  If they'd forecast the reality, FSX's multithreading would be much more efficient.  As it is, a faster Duo beats a Quad any day (for FSX).

Archived