KFHR Friday Harbour Problems P3D v3

ramonb

Hello Guys

(Sorry don´t know if this should go here in Payware Support or in P3D v3 Support)

Problems at KFHR Friday Harbor.

I either Get:     Elevated o sunken Runway and/or Floating Objects and/or Floating AI Aircraft (as if they landed in another airport)

This happens regardless of whether I spawn or fly to KFHR. (Stock or Payware Aircraft)

Refreshing the scenery some times won´t correct the errors, frequently it just changes one problem for another.
Have tried the usual: Reinstall Airport and Libs, Cycle, ran the AEC, etc. to no avail.
I Have Global+Vector+LC enabled, but area is set to North America.

Only traffic I added was the ORBX freeware traffic, I have not yet installed any other Traffic Program

Cannot find duplicate AFCADS, only the ones in:

D:\Prepar3D\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_PNW_KFHR_Friday_Harbor.BGL )Layer 195)

D:\Prepar3D\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KFHR\scenery\KFHR_ADEX_TRB.bgl (Layer 165)

(in any case both airports have the same elevation 112.999 ft)

BTW: This seems to be more noticeable since the Libs. were updated.

Here are some Pics:

2016-2-6_14-40-57-148.jpg2016-2-6_14-41-18-612.jpg2016-2-13_17-48-49-952.jpg

2016-2-21_14-37-23-117.jpg

Thanks

Interesting, I have some floating aircraft too, both static and taxiing, but I don't have any other issues at KFHR.  

My runway elevation and airport signs are OK.

I looked for the previously mentioned posts, but my searches for KFHR floating aircraft or AI traffic aren't generating other hits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have just installed Friday harbor and have similar issues with AI traffic floating. (Ref to pictures 3 and 4 at the start of this thread). I have noticed that the AI traffic starting at KFHR taxi and T/O correctly and it is only the arriving traffic that lands 15 feet above the runway and will taxi to stand not necessarily using the taxiway and cutting onto the grass, floating the 15 feet above. My questions are do Orbx have a fix for this? Does it sound like I have 2 AFCAD file active for KFHR, Ai traffic using one for departure and somehow using the other for arrivals. I can not find any other AFD files I have defaulted back to FSX scenery and I see cliffs and wells around the runway. which indicated to me this is the AFCAD thats is being used when ORBX FTX PNW and KFHR is active.

Any Ideas.

• 3 months later...

Just posting to say I have similar problems. I recently downloaded and installed OrbxFTXNAKRHR100 and then OrbxFTXKFHR110.  I am having problems with elevation at KORS (currently uninstalled but similar to KFHR) and KFHR.  I have searched these forums and Googled KFHR elevation but see no fixes.  Here is an image of KFHR -

Kfhr.png

I also see a trough between the runway and taxiway.  No floating aircraft.  The PNW Region migrated successfully.  I do not recall this problem when I was using FSX.  This problem is with P3Dv3.3.5.  I have searched my system to make sure there are no other KFHR AFCAD's.  KFHR sits just below the Orbx Library in the Scenery Library.

Best regards,

Jim Young

Just posting back that I have found a fix for my issue above.  I have been working on this for some time and could not understand why "fixes" were working for most but not for me.  I had even uninstalled the scenery content for P3D and reinstalled.  I use SceneryConfigEditor to make modifications.  Well, today I noticed all of my add-on scenery was okay but all of the P3Dv3 default scenery had a link to my FSX directory (which is also installed on my computer).  This included Scenery/World/Scenery.  So, of course any modifications I made there or made by FTX in my P3D folder were not "seen" as my P3D Scenery.cfg was always looking and loading the FSX Scenery!!

So I replaced the file locations in the scenery.cfg, saved, deleted the Facilities and SceneryIndexes folders, and restarted P3D.  There are no longer any elevation issues (as far as I can see so far).

How this could have happened is beyond me but wondering how many others out there have elevation problems with FSX and P3D installed.  Everyone should check their P3D.cfg and make sure the default scenery is going to the correct location on their computer.

Best regards,

Jim Young

Archived