FTX Central2 Library update crashed

Airspeed

Opened FTX Central, the box synched, showed that I had Australia, told me that the library should be updated.

It ran for some minutes, slowly downloading, then it stopped and said 577 files failed to download. It automatically had another attempt, this time telling me that it would take 1 day 15 hours etc etc, so I cancelled. Tried again, everything started the same until it looked for files to update, when it crashed. The following error report was placed on the screen:

System.OverflowException: TimeSpan overflowed because the duration is too long.
   at System.TimeSpan.Interval(Double value, Int32 scale)
   at Orbx.Installer.WizardPages.Install.<>c__DisplayClass31_0.<RecalculateProgressBar>b__0()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at Orbx.FTXCentral.App.Main()

Can't find any partly downloaded files. Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Mike,

FWIW I have seen the message telling me it would take days or extremely long time to download the libraries and/or updates after starting FTX Central v2.  When this occurs I stop the download and proceed to the ORBX site and download and install the update manually.

In the case of the most recent Library I always download the latest Library zip file from the ORBX Support page and keep a copy on my HD because updating it via Central does not leave a copy on your HD.  I like a copy so I can re-install the Libraries as the last step anytime I add FTX scenery to my sim.

Archived