Just a note of gratitude!

rsharrard

Just wanted to tell the folks that run this forum and the folks who contribute there suggestions to the various issues, a great big thank you. I did a complete reinstall of FSX Gold and all of the wonderful orbx goodies that I re downloaded. One of the first airports I installed was KQSL San Carlos since I had just added Northern California to my library. Wow! the scenery was just awesome! Then I just did a blanket install of everything I had... Well, I started another flight at Cushman Meadows, the scenery was horrible, textures blurry, definition of the mountains was terrible. So I read everything that came with the scenery and even the FTX Central guide, which I must admit I had some difficulty understanding the priority stuff. Then I starting looking on line at some of the tweaks and nothing was working. A search of these forums lead to some very interesting tips about corrupted terrain.cfg and a few other things. Well, restoring the backup terrain.cfg file and putting FTX priority below a couple of Aerosoft scenery packages, we were back in business except none of the lights were there, just black squares, so I reinstalled the current library and that didn't do any good, so I thought about everything I had tried to do before and realized I hand turned on DX9 preview to try that and had never switched it off. Well that did the trick. I just completed a wonderful flight from Skaget to Orcas Island and on across Vancouver to Squamish CYSE and everything was flawless! So a big thank you from me to you all! Robin 

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Just a note of gratitude!
  • 8 months later...

Archived