Help! FSX Go slaughtered my frame rate.

akmatov

While re-downloading my Orbx purchases from Flightsimstore I saw I had purchased FSX Go.  I tried it and now my frame rate is about 25% of what is was before, from 111 to 23!   How can I fix this?

Back to the topic,

I use this tool everyday, for both simming and developing, it does not hurt frames at all, my advice is to make your own profile in FSX-GO.

The tool can be configured to include almost any tweak into the FSX.cfg, and chain those up to a saved flight, for example I have a couple of profiles, one for tube flying with some lower settings, and another for bush flying, then I also have a developing profile with certain items heavily tweaked to allow for faster start-ups because developing involves starting up FSX hundreds of times to test things, using this tool allows me to load up FSX with two clicks to the exact location I need.

These days I dont actually use any tweaks (no need, good hardware) see picture from my dev PC, I took Wolt's profile and removed a bunch of stuff no longer needed, it now only has a few things like LOD, Autogen, wideview, info-text hide and TML:

Untitled.jpg

Thx, Tim.  I was surprised at the response from a person or persons with whom I have exchanged comments amiably in the past.  I am rebuilding FSX in FSX:SE, which is new to me, and cited my frame rates, which I was tracking in a set uniform way as I added layers of Orbx Goodness, as a fact, rather than perceptional, issue.  Your response was just what I needed and I now have the original fsx.cfg file installed and frame rates are back to where they were. Given them my performance, frame rate, with my new system seem very strong, I doubt I'll be doing any tweaking in the near future.  However, your endorsement of the product as valid and useful is valued and one day I may explore its capabilities. The Orbx Team is first rate.

Frames of 100-200 are possible if vertical-sync is turned off, no artificial frame-limits are placed on the sim, and the right situation/view is achieved, however these amounts of frames are not consistent and a little unrealistic, and using any type of 3rd party software (aircraft/scenery) will usually reduce these greatly

Tim - I was pretty sure these numbers were artificial and was only noting them to compare against each other as taken from uniform sampling situations, not as meaning too much in terms of normal play.  They changed quite a bit once I took off so I could check out the status of the Monterey Fisherman's Wharf, which I was using as a rough guide to the degree of realism the different Orbx layers presented.  Your telling me what factors affected them is most helpful.

About every five years I clutch my poor whimpering credit card and like a demented lemming leap off the cliff of NEW Computer, must have new computer.  This time I spend weeks badgering the patient forum members here before spending way too much on the best hardware setup I've ever had.  The folks here know what FSX needs to dance and  I figured, correctly, that if FSX was happy anything else would be also.

So far I've mostly been rebuilding, but I have noticed that aircraft are actually behaving a bit differently.  I can actually fly an A2A aircraft, poorly but it can be done.  With my old system, which wasn't too bad, their aircraft required constant, radical jerking to prevent them from rolling over to the left and crashing.  Of course, I'm also running FSX:SE now so not positive what caused the improvement.

So it is working out well, but

I am getting tired of rice and chicken as I pay this monster off LOL

Archived