Open Land Class NA Problemn.

birdguy

These screen shots are of Chandalar Lake (PALR) in the Brooks Range in Alaska in P3Dv3.1.  The first three show the anomalies with OLC North America ON.  The second three shots show the same scenes after disabling OLC North America in the scenery library.

OLC North America ON

OLC1.jpg

OLC2.jpg

OLC3.jpg

OLC North America OFF

OLCOff1.jpg

OLCOff2.jpg

OLCOff3.jpg

Perhaps these anomalies could be addressed for the next OLC update.  They are the only ones I have noticed in Alaska so far.

Noel

Hi Noel,

I'm not getting such anomalies, though I'm still on v2.5.

2016-1-31_3-26-24-990.th.jpg

One idea - check your insertion points and make sure OLC is below FTX.  Also, might you have any 3rd-party addons which could clash?  FWIW I had a few similar anomalies in Tongass Fjords until I moved it above OLC (and below FTX), so this might be happening with some other addon you have.  Other than that, no idea...

Thanks for the help Jabble, but still no joy.

According to FTX Central 2 and by looking at the scenery library the insertion point is below FTX and just above Tongass Fjords.  OLC is just below Tongass Fjords.

The only two addons anywhere near PALR are Barrow (PABR) 286 miles to the northwest and Faribanks 162 miles to the southeast.  I disabled them both to no effect.

Disabling my Pilots 2010 mesh had no effect either.  Neither did disabling Global.

The culprit is still OLC North America.  I disable it and PALR looks fine.

Noel

I just solved the problem by deleting and reinstalling OLC North America.  Don't know why it went south on me.  From now on that will be the first thing I try when something goes sour.  But all is right with the world now.

Noel

Archived