AUBlue and Soaring?

smithcorp

Hi guys

Considering a purchase, but wondering if AuBlue affects landclass and hence soaring, in the way that photo-scenery does (ie thermal placement in FSX being influenced by landclass, so some photoscenery prevents thermal generation)?

cheers

smith

G'day Smith,

This is a somewhat uninformed answer, but I reckon you might get an improved soaring experience.

This is because FTX is a landclass based system, with photoreal textures. Every tile has an individual landclass number assigned (as with default FSX, except FTX looks much betterĀ  ;) )The only complication will be if an FTX landclass varies signficantly from a default tile, which is something a developer will have to answer.

I think you might be pleased, because FTX has a much more accurate landclass than default FTX, and hence more of the right landclass tiles in the right locations. This should theoretically mean that thermal placement is more accurate, and you'll have a more realistic soaring experience.

I saw one post earlier today from a guy who reckons it'll be great for soaring, and is trying to get hold of a decent payware glider.

I hope that this helps.

Archived