KBLU,2O1 and ENJA Lights Issue FSX DX10 (Fixer) REX4,ASN

Ziggy

Hello all,

I'm having a slight problem in cloudy/foggy weather with the Runway Edge Lights at KBLU, 2O1 and ENJA. I'm getting square white halos around these lights in weather. I have Tried uninstalling and reinstalling KBLU and ENJA, I have also tried using the original Halo.BMP as well as the fx_1,fx_2,fx_3 and fx_5 BMP's with no luck.

I have also tried turning off "bloom" and converting the effects with the DX10fixer with no luck as well. These Two Airports and ENJA are the only Airports that are having this effect with only "the Runway edge lights" so far that I have noticed (I have almost all ORBX Airports) all other effects are working as they should and look great btw ;)

These are some of my favorite sceneries to fly in and out of and hope that mabey there is a fix, if not I will just turn the ORBX_KBLU_PLC_RWEdgeLights.bgl and the ORBX_2O1_PLC_Nav.bgl to OFF as well as the ENJA lights and try and live without the lights :(

This is my first stop on the Support tour to try and find a "fix", I'll also try and pick "fixer Steves" brain over at Avsim

Cloudy/Foggy Weather Day (square white halos)

2016-1-19_12-7-17-50.jpg

Cloudy/Foggy Weather Night (square whit halos)

2016-1-19_12-8-44-143.jpg

No ASN or Weather Day (no squares)

2016-1-19_12-9-29-717.jpg

No ASN or Weather Night (no squares)

2016-1-19_12-10-24-7.jpg

I can add ENJA pics as well if needed.

Thank you all for your time and I hope you're all having a great day/night:D

Hi Ziggy,

Thank you for pointing to the pb of light during fogg. I guess it's related to the way of how the texture is built. I enclosed below a reworked one. Paste and replace into into ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENJA\Texture.

Let me know that solves the issue for you.

JM_runway_halo.dds

6 minutes ago, Richard Bui said:

Hi Ziggy,

Thank you for pointing to the pb of light during fogg. I guess it's related to the way of how the texture is built. I enclosed below a reworked one. Paste and replace into into ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_ENJA\Texture.

Let me know that solves the issue for you.

JM_runway_halo.dds

Thank you very much Richard, I will give it a go asap and let you know:)

Hi Richard,

The  Runway edge lights Issue is resolved! 

The file you gave me has fixed the issue across the board for all three of the affected Airports!!

I installed the file into the ENJA texture folder and it fixed the issue with the lights there, and as a test I switched back to the NA region and checked out KBLU and 2O1 and the square halos are gone from those lights too. Just to make sure, I then installed the original Halo.dds file back into ENJA and the square halos were back at all three airports.

Obviously I have put your revised file back into the ENJA texture folder to fix the issue;)

It's great that it fixes the lights at all three airports!

Thank you very much for doing this, it is very much appreciated! 

Have a Great Day/Night!!!:D

Greg Z

Archived