Moving the Task Bar on a two monitor setup

jaje

Hi guys

Just bought and installed my new BenQ 22" HD monitor and it's great. My old ACER 17" LCD is now sitting as a second monitor, but no matter what I do, including going through the XP Home Control Panel Display setup and setting the BenQ as primary monitor in a dual monitor setup, and also using the nVidia control panel to confirm everything including settings, the XP task bar stays resolutely on the Acer.

Any ideas as to how to get the @****# task bar to appear on the 22" monitor?

jaje

I'm not familiar with Vista Home but I'd suspect you right click on the desktop and go to the Video settings and then advanced , at which point you should see two monitors shown one of which is shadowed. They should be labeled 1 and 2 so click on no 2 the New monitor  i suspect and then the check box that states "expand to this monitor" and then make this the primary should become available after you do once your settings are made shut down and reboot all should be good.

Now if there are issues that I don't know about at work here you could always assuming your using a Video Card with 2 Outputs simply swap the monitors over:-

ie You want the new monitor to be your primary correct ? just swap the cables running to the monitor and use secondary output from the card to supply your old screen and the original currently set to primary for the new monitor. You might need to aquire and use the appropriate adapters if needed of course.

Make sure the task bar is not locked by right clicking on it and unselecting the option. Then just click on the task bar and drag it to where ever you want to use it. I think thats what your after.

I have been using dual screens for the last 8 years and I didn't know unlocking and dragging the toolbar was possible!!! I wish I did though. O well we live and learn. Thanks for the info.

Remko

Archived