Multiple Runways at Addon Airports in Socal Regions

rd700

I have an issue which I am unable to resolve.  I believe it is a compatibility issue and is NOT the fault of an Orbx product.  With that said, I'm out of airspeed and ideas.  I installed Southern California when it was released.  I utilize a third party payware vendor for high resolution world-wide terrain mesh.  I also have purchased KLAS Las Vegas from another well known third party vendor.  Also coinciding with these installs, I've installed a freeware airport for KONT Ontario.  KONT and KLAS are located within the Southern California Orbx region.  I am using FSX-SE and Windows 7.  But these two add-on airports do not display correctly.  I have multiple textures and/or elevation errors.

Here is what I have attempted so far.  I've moved both of these airports to the top of the library (above the FTX entries) using the  FTX Central Tool.  For Las Vegas, that eliminated the duplicate aerodrome environment (runways, taxiways, signs buildings etc.) but then caused the terrain elevation canyon effect.  I then used the FTX Global Vector Tool Airport Elevation Correction program.  I used AUTO as well as the AEC manual configuration tool.  Neither helped.  I then moved KLAS airport below the FTX entries.  This eliminated the elevation issues, but returned to the multiple textures bleeding through the scenery.  For the freeware airport at KONT, if I select FTX Global and not North America and place KONT at the top of the library, then the scenery textures are correct.  But If I select North America, I once again have multiple textures (runways etc.) 

Other things I've tried are deactivating the default KLAS airport in FSX and removing the terrain mesh which came with the payware KLAS.  But neither of those actions helped. 

I'm reluctant to use a utility to find multiple AFCADs because I do not want to delete .bgl files and accidently damage the Orbx software. 

I have temporarily solved my problem by uninstalling both of these airports.  But the KLAS to KONT is a perfect 42 minute 737 flight for a quick session of flight simulator which I very much enjoy.  I've searched the web as well as the payware vendor's forum without much luck.  If someone on this forum understands what is causing this behavior and could explain how to fix it, I would be most grateful. 

By the way, I have another airport by the same payware vendor in the Southern California region and do not have this issue.

Thank you for your time.  I remain confused!

rd

36 minutes ago, rd700 said:

I utilize a third party payware vendor for high resolution world-wide terrain mesh.  I also have purchased KLAS Las Vegas from another well known third party vendor.

If the KLAS is the FS Dreamteam one, Holger already provided a fix for it in the Compatibility Fourm:

Can't help you on the other problems because not knowing which vendor's products you are using, it would be just a guess.  But my gut feeling is that Global Vector was designed to be used with the ORBX recommended Pilot's terrain mesh.  The included AEC tool in it may not fix elevation problems if you are using a different third-party "high resolution world-wide" terrain mesh instead. 

FalconAF,

Thank you so much.  I've been searching for over two weeks for a solution but did not come across Holger's fix.  Greatly appreciate the vector.  Yes, I use Pilot's Ultimate terrain mesh and do have the AFM tool.  Will try to figure out KONT,

Again, thanks.

rd 

Seeing how you are using an Ontario addon AND Ontario is also included in SCA, you will have duplicates. Duplicate airport files will often cause issues so you need to remove one set of them. Removing duplicates for addon airports is essential if you want it all to work properly.

Archived