Autogen

Agrajag

You guys have done it now...

I was running FSX with the following in FSX config.

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=0000

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=4500

I thought I would muck around so I removed them and set the autogen density slider full right.

OMG. I thought FTX was good before! Seriously awesome stuff. The autogen placement of the trees and buildings is impeccable and I cannot believe the FPS. Obviously I was having FPS problems before with autogen (the above settings) but now I run on Very High (with a little help from AlacrityPC) and it is glorious.

I don't care what you guys release, I am buying it (even the US though I don't fly there :-)), AU Blue is worth a lot more than you are charging (to me :-)).

It has been awhile since I was this impressed.

Thanks you.

Steven.

PS: Are you guys doing Aldinga (YADG) airfield? I made one myself that I have been using for awhile and works fine with FTX but I won't bother adding more to it if you guys are giving it 'the treatment'.

Interesting building settings above Agrajag. Nice to hear you are enjoying.

I have an E6600 oc to 3.2ghz and a 8800GTS640mb and I find I need to turn autogen to Normal in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. Most other places it is fine at Dense or Very Dense.

Re Aldinga, I have a sneaky suspicion Mark may have done that. I might be getting confused with Ardrossan though which I know he has definately completed.

I average 14fps around YMML with dense autogen which is a certainly lower than YPAD. Flight is ok but the trackir is a little too jerky.

Time to see what I can do about my CPU :-)

Steven.

AMD 6000+ Dual Core @ No Overclock

4GB 667 RAM, 8800GT Video, 1680x1050@32bits

Track IR 4, MyTraffic X

Archived