Not so much a problem as an annoyance...

birdguy

It happened again this morning.

From time to time, perhaps two or three times a month, I lose Northern California.  I come up on my home airport (KDVO) and no buildings or trees or artifacts.  Really not a problem since I reinstall and it only takes a minute or two because after the wrapper the installation just zooms though in a few seconds.  I haven't noticed this anywhere else I fly.

Do you know what causes this and how I can stop it?  No biggie but like I said it's an annoyance.

Noel

Questions:

- "after you loose it?" is the NCA data folders still sitting under the Orbx folders?

- is the entry still in your scenery.cfg?

- or has the NCA folders disappeared and/or has the entry dropped from scenery.cfg.

- This is not normal, never heard of this issue with any scenery ever.

Everything is there Bryan.  It even shows up in FTX Central 2.

When I reinstall it the wrapper unwraps in the usual time span but the installation itself takes only a few seconds.  And then everything is normal again.

Noel

Is it all  NCA which is AWOL or only Gnoss as it  sounds like the issue some of us have with OrbX KRDD for which the only workaround is to move it a notch in the scenery library ? But your Gnoss is not an addon in your FSX  or it it ?

If not, it may also come from a corrupted saved file if you use such for starting up the sim.

Another thing is to be sure that you start in NA not in Global.

Archived