KWYS Update 1.15 & Configure Settings?

WhizWheel

Just purchased and installed KWYS.  At first, when unwrapping, it was taking a long time to process, so I used Task Manager to stop it and tried it the next day with no issues.  When I went into the FTX Control Panel, I noticed there was an red update icon by this airfield.  I clicked on it and it gave me the following message:  "Version 1.15   This update can only be obtained from your FlightSim Store (FSS) account."  What is confusing is that on the ORBX Support page, there is only a 1.10 update, which I did download and install.  Also, when I try to configure the airport, I get red error messages when click on people flow, grass, and wildfires.  Static aircraft is already checked when I open the configure button.  Hopefully between this forum and FSS, we can figure this out.

Cheers,

Jerry

Well, I tried deleting KWYS using the procedures by Tim Harris http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30376-uninstalling-ftx-airports-a-quick-guide/ and then downloading again from FlightSim Store, and reinstalling.  But to no avail.  Still getting the red update button and same behavior in the airport configuration menu.  Everything else(airports/regions) in the Control Panel is showing fine, no problems.  I ran the ORBX Diagnostic Reporter and here's the identifier:  ot19a99c8554aa909d6a824844992846a8  When flying there, the airport is very usable, just some of the eye candy extras are missing.  

Cheers,

Jerry

Good Day and Happy New Year Tim!

Yes, that is what I downloaded.  I ran the OrbxFTXNAKWYS115.exe and the install went without a hitch.  That is the only ORBX airfield that is giving me problems.  

Cheers, 

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

With the installer from FSS, are you still getting the update notice in FTX Central? If so, could you navigate to "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents\Versions", locate FTX_US_KWYS.txt, and paste the contents of it here?

In addition, could you grab a screenshot of the contents of "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KWYS\Scenery", with file dates visible?

That should give us everything to verify if it has updated to v1.15 or not.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Here's the .txt

FTX US KWYS WEST YELLOWSTONE AIRPORT VERSION 1.10 NOV 2012

Screenshot of  Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KWYS\Scenery , at least most of it.

ORBXKWYS.png

Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

It looks like you've got a mix of new and old files, let's get a clean slate and start fresh. Starting at the end of December we have been adding functionality to FTX Central to uninstall products, KWYS was enabled the other day, so you can either uninstall from within FTX Central or manually. Here are the steps:

Within FTX Central:

-Go to "Settings" (bottom left, on toolbar)

-Select "Tools" (top menu bar)

-Go to "Product Uninstaller" and look for "KWYS West Yellowstone Airport"

-Click and confirm you want to uninstall

-Wait for the uninstaller confirmation message

KWYS should now be gone from the "North America" category. You can confirm the uninstall by navigating to "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA" and looking for FTX_AA_KWYS. Additionally check "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents\Versions" for "FTX_US_KWYS.TXT".

If those are both gone then reinstalling using the complete v1.15 installer from FSS should get everything back up to speed.

Manual uninstall

If you would prefer to uninstall manually to confirm all traces are gone, do the following:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KWYS (entire folder)

Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\orbx_cpl_KWYS.xml

Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\scenerylib_US_KWYS.cfg

Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents\Versions\FTX_US_KWYS.TXT

And again, reinstall with the install from FSS. 

Hey Alex,

I did what you outlined above.  I opened the Control Panel and everything looked good.  No red update buttons and I was able to go into the airport configure page and change things around without have the red error messages pop up.  Well, then I installed the KWYS West Yellowstone Version 1.10, 2nd December 2012, that is posted on the ORBX Support Page.  Guess what happened - the original red update button and config. page errors popped up again.   So my question is, if I install the 1.15 version from FSS, should I just ignore the update on the ORBX support page?  If so, then maybe someone should kindly add a note to the ORBX Support page Version 1.10 update that reminds us that if we install the 1.15 version from FSS, then ignore this update.  Am I thinking straight on this?

Regards,

Jerry 

Hi Jerry,

That is correct, no need to install the 1.10 update after 1.15. In general unless FTX Central gives you a notice to update, then you have the latest versions installed.

I'll see to it that the old patch is removed now that it has been superseded.

Cheers,

Alex

Archived