Global User Guide.pdf not starting up from FTXCentral button

WWA3463

Hi,

Installed FTX Global on a recent Windows 10 computer with FSX steam.

I've noticed that I cannot open the Global User Guide from FTX Central using the button, Acrobat Reader DC hangs immediately with no message, and can't start after that.

I need to stop manually the AcroRd32.exe process in the Task manager to have Acrobat Reader work again.

The FTX Global User Guide is correcty installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\User Documents", and I can open this document by clicking on this file from the Windows explorer.

I noticed also that if Acrobat Reader is already opened and running on the desktop, then the Global user guide gets opened without error from the FTX Central button.

Wierd, any clue on fixing that ?

• 1 month later...

Finally understood that this is an Adobe Acrobat Reader DC behavior:

The default configuration for Acrobat Reader DC forbids it to run it as Administrator.

However, FTX Central 2 runs as Administrator, and requests to open the PDFs in Administrator mode too.

This makes Acrobat Reader fail and hang with no error message!

Soluce: In Acrobat Reader DC preferences, select the item: "Protection (reinforced)", and untick the very first checkbox on the page named: Activate protected mode at startup.

Save and restart Acrobat, check that Acrobat Reader allows now to be runned as administrator.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived