Congrats team - and a quick opinion please

drwalker

Congrats to John and the team for creating such a breathtaking add-on - it completely transforms the sim experience. I am interested in everyone's opinion regarding environmental add-ons - FEX, REX or Xgraphics?

Don

Guest Private-Cowboy

Well I use the XGraphics+ActiveSkyX bundle, which was one of the first addons I bought for FSX and it served me very well. It's incredibly good AND has a very very good weather engine.

FEX is nothing but a few nice textures for water and clouds, not even airport enhancements like XGraphics has. A Weather eninge was promised, but never came.

REX looks like a better version of XG+ASX, it has a weather engine and great textures and also enhance airports. BUT it's not here yet.

So the choice is pretty clear. If you want someting now, get XG+ASX, if you can wait, get REX. FEX is basically useless imho.

Each one of those addons are very good programs (although REX hasn't been released yet?) that will increase the realism of your simming. I know that you can use different items from FEX and XGraphics together as both have options screens that allow what to display.

I have both, but haven't used XGraphics since getting FEX as I prefer its display of clouds and water. Not to say that XGraphics isn't good, but personal opinion only.

I am sure that REX would have a similar interface. Tim Fuchs visits these forums occasionally and could confirm if he sees this thread.

Archived