KSTS: Stutters @ R14/19 Intersection and piano keys

MY_CLOUD_TOO

I wanted to make KSTS an "Air Hauler" Operations Base for the Lear Jet, but these stutters at the R14 Piano Keys make smooth landings nearly impossible!  I've go to land with less than 300  ft/sec to "GREASE" the touchdown but I fear too much damage upon landing with these stutters! Got any suggestions!  I had this problem with Friday Harbor, but they went away eventually?!

Hello,

What are your computer specs? Stutters could be caused by too much data being loaded into the memory, and the combination of a more complex aircraft plus the scenery could be overloading your computer if it doesn't have enough memory.

Let us know, but in any case, it might be worth going into the KSTS control panel through FTX central and reducing the ground resolution to 15cm, and check if that improves the situation. If not, there could be other reasons that we can explore.

Cheers

I anticipated this answer, so I've already tried that tweek.  I previously installled Global Vectors before installing "Peanuts and Linus" so to speak, but I think there's an AFCAD problem cause I don't get arrested at the other end of RYW 14. I need to check the ObjectLibrary's latest Version.  Also, I am wondering about the compatibility with REX SOFTCLOUDS and REX ESSENTIAL OVERDRIVE HD for Runway Textures and weather checking the "snow on runway" option is the root cause. I think I solved the Friday Harbor problem by shuffling the scenery placement order. 

Hello,

Yes a re-install may be worth a try, otherwise we'll try and see if it is vector causing the problem by disabling its entries in the scenery library if reinstalling doesn't work.

To uninstall KSTS:

FIRST set FTXCentral to [Global]

- Browse to FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA

- Delete the FTX_AA_KSTS folder

- Browse to FSX\ORBX\Scripts

- Delete orbx_cpl_ksts and scenerylib_US_KSTS

- Run FTXconfigrator.exe (silent operation, it removes the scenery library entries)

Then cycle FTXCentral back to North America, and reinstall KSTS.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers

The Latest Remarks: Stutters still occur after Deactivating in the Scenery Library...sooooo...I think it has to do with the underlying AFCAD in the Northen California Scenery install....Also changed some nVidia settings of my GTX 780 card,  and I get upwards of 60 fps around the valley as well as down by Monterey with a minimal amount of occurances of "micro-stutters"!  I did an FSRecording and the stutters weren't occuring in playback mode!!!?!!! I can attach a video is you'd like to see.

Hello,

It might be worth checking if Vector is causing the problem. The region AFCAD shouldn't affect the one supplied with the airport package.

To disable VECTOR, go into the FSX scenery library and disable these four entries:

ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ

ORBX!VECTOR_APT

ORBX!VECTOR_CVX

ORBX!VECTOR_EXX

Then also make sure that you go to ProgramData/Microsoft/FSX, open up the Scenery.cfg, and find the entry with the title ORBX!VECTOR_AEC, and change the 'Active' entry to 'False'. Save that and open up FSX and check if you still have the problem.

Cheers

It seems my problem concerned renaming the scenery.cfg so that only the one I wanted had preference, for example: scenery.bak.1111 wont't be read by the library rebuild!  O.K. got my library back.  Misha's test proved unsuccessful at eliminating the stutter at the intersection of 14 and 19, even with upwards of 100 frames per sec.Vectors is causing lots of micro stutters as it draws those secondary roads etc., for example.  My only guess is that I've got a bad sector on my SSD Drive? 

Hello,

Really sorry about the scare, I probably should've mentioned to make a backup!

Oh, so the stutters you are getting are micro stutters, right?

Have you tried limiting your frames to a target frame rate? If you are using the unlimited setting, it is very likely you'll encounter stutters whilst facing the airport.

I recommend limiting the frames to 30 fps to start with, and then work your way upwards until you encounter the stutters again.

Of course, if you also get stutters with frames limited at 30 then there has to be another underlying problem, so let me know your results.

Cheers

My Specs for Speculation:  I've got an Intel i74790K @4GHz - Core Speed is 4397.4 MHz , Mainboard: ASUSTeK Maximus VII HERO-Haswell & Z97, Memory DDR3 16GBytes DRAM Frequency Max Bandwidth is 666.1MHz Corsair PC3-10700 although the Part Number is CMY16GX3M2A2133C11(?), NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780, EVGA 3072 MBytes GDDR5 Core@ 324 MHZ.  Temperatures around 32degF with liquid cooling!  FSX is on a SSD Drive. Limiting Frame Rates has had a variety of opinions as to effectiveness!  I fly in and out of many complex airport designs, but none have this arrestor cable effect as at 14/19! The stutters practically disable my laptop at the the default "Steam Edition" KSTS airport - so maybe it's a Microsoft feature! I haven't overclocked my CPU and wonder if faster DRAM might help?

Archived