Felts Field install not identifying P3D installation

andy1252

Hi,

I've just taken advantage of the current discount offer and bought a whole new bunch of stuff (FSS0433567, 2015-12-09: NAblueNRM, NAbluePFJ, NAblueSAK, NAgoldCRM, EUNOR, NAKSEZ, NAKSQL, NAKSTS and NAKSFF). I am running P3D v2.5 and FSX/SE. The NA regions all went in to both setups ok (although I have to keep reinstalling the global patches after most of them) but the KSFF install is not locating my P3D directory and is failing to install (the installation script panel shows a blank line for the P3D directory path). Went in to FSX ok and all the other installs so far have been fine.

The install doesn't seem to give the option to specify the path manually, so I'm stuck. Don't want to rely on FSX, barely use it now and I'd really like to get this into P3D.

Any suggestions welcome,

thanks,

Andy

Hi dexthom,

went back to the site and yes, I see now that it only shows FSX and P3D v1 compatability. Kinda surprised me - didn't think to even look at that as I thought everything would be at least P3D v2 capable by now. I have the "FSX to P3D" utility on my system (and very useful it has been) so I'll put it on via that.

an update.

copied all the files across manually from the FSX install and added appropriate entry in the scenery.cfg file and all worked fine, but couldn't figure out how to get the airport to show up in FTX Central (v2), so ended up re-installing using the FSX to P3D Migration Tool and that went fine. So I'm happy now and as ever, it's a wonderful product.

Thanks again to dexthom for reminding me to check the install specs. I admit I tend to forget "when all else fails, RTFM"

Andy

Archived