I found you, John!

dreamfleet1

Well, Jane never showed up for the mission (???) so I swapped aircraft and flew it myself and even managed to stumble upon your beach party!

It took 5 tries to get the Dakota in (still no flight controls on the new machine, so I was flying with the mouse / key board), buy I finally made it!

Hey, John, next time a little more casual dress, eh?  ;D

http://forums.flightsim.com/vbfs/attachment.php?attachmentid=4044&d=1204905723

Yeah, Jay, that's the FSX Dakota, and after seeing John at DevCon, I didn't even know he owned a suit! ;D

Though I am sure he can keep up with me in that regard!

Now, who was the babe walking in place towards John, yet she never got to him? :D

If you look carefully I made the Point of Interest marker (The big green arrow) point to the construction worker near the Jetty. That way he can watch Matt come in and "park" the aeroplane.

BTW the way his arms are waving he looks like one of the Village People.

Y M C A. It's fun to stay at the YMCA.

Sorry I'll go back to sleep now.

So nice to hear that, mate! ;D

Coming from the New York area, I have to get used to saying "mate" around here!

I met John Venema at DevCon back in November, and had already been chatting with Jay Kae previously. My ties to OZ go way back to when I started in FS development, as it was John Dow, from Canberra, who sent be photos for some of my first freeware panels, such as the Lockheed Constellation and the Pilatus PC12.

When I met John Venema, we were outside smoking (I am now trying to quit!), and the moment he opened his mouth, and said what he had to, I knew we would become instant friends, and we did! I then spent much of my time flying a beta of the scenery that he was running on a big projection screen at FanCon, which followed DevCon. I knew what to expect when it was released, and already had my plans made for this scenery and future DF aircraft.

I recall when I was flying the scenery that a young man came up and asked "How are the frames rates?". I turned to him and said: "What does it matter, look how smooth it is running!"

That reminds me, I have to go back and continue work on that FTX livery for the Dakota!

Cheers!

Owhh, the mate is not disrespectful hey, bare that in mind, it is just us lol and I heard about that Lou, something about you not wanting to let go of the joystick on the beta machine at the DevCon ? :);)

Heck, I know it's not disrespectful, Jay, I just have to get used to using it, just like "cheers", as in "cheer's mate". It's a lot better than me using some of our "New Yawk" terms!

I think John was happy to let me fly, so he could talk to folks, walk around the floor, and take his "fag" breaks!

Now, there's a word we do NOT use in the USA, and when if do, one might likely get looked at rather strangely.

As in "hey, can I bum a fag off ya'". LOL! Don't be sayin' that in New York!

Ah yes, OZ is no different than England and the USA. How's the saying go? "People divided by a common language", or something like that!

Cheer's mate, speak to ya' soon!  ;D

Archived