Airport errors?

Moscue26

Hi Mike,

(KBTH) I think was a Typo, it should be (KBIH - Eastern Sierra Regl - Bishop CA)

(BHHH) I think was a Typo, it should be (BGGH - Nuuk - Greenland)

(KRZZ - Halifax Co - Roanoak Rapids NC - is closed) replaced by (KIXA - Halifax-Northhampden Regl - Roanoak Rapids NC)

(KXHD) I could not find this one either, not sure if its a Typo or omission, but not to be found in airport selection.

(WS2) is actually (WS25 - Shangrila - Beecher WI)

Thank you JEFF! I really appreciate your effort. !!!!

I have been flying into these fields with my RealAir B60 Duke and really enjoying learning where all these fields are located. Currently in Texas at T82 (Fredericksburg) and moving west.

Thank you very much,

Regards, Mike

You are most welcome Mike,

I also think these Global Freeware Airfields are great, they tend to broaden the whole simulator, to experience areas that might otherwise go unexplored, but for the Global textures and 100's of quality Free airfields that have been produced, we would possibly only limit our flights to stay within a full region.

Head em up and move em out, keep following the trail west, there are some magical locations & fields yet to discover.

• 2 weeks later...

HI Mike and Jeff,

you have corrected most typos, but KXHD refers to KHXD Hilton Head Airport, not KCHD.

In my PDF List covering all NA & SA global freeware airports, I corrected all types of mistakes, for example:

Wrong (Right) means that the airport's code is listed incorrectly on the FTX Freeware page; e.g. for KBTH (KBIH), KBIH is correct.

Formely (Effective) means that the airport's code listed on the FTX Freeware page is not the currently used code but an older; ineffective code; e.g. 4O3 has been renamed to KBKN in recent years.

Effective (FSX code) means that FSX/P3D uses a different code than the one used in reality; e.g. KBTA which is the actual, correct code cannot be found in the simulator's database; instead K46 can be found.

Greetings!

On 26.11.2015 at 7:06 PM, Moscue26 said:

The latest release of free airports includes these 5 which I cannot locate. Are these typo errors?

KBTH, BHHH, KRZZ, KXHD, WS2

Please advise Thank you

Mike.

On 28.11.2015 at 9:12 AM, Jeff Gilmour said:

Hi Mike,

(KBTH) I think was a Typo, it should be (KBIH - Eastern Sierra Regl - Bishop CA)

(BHHH) I think was a Typo, it should be (BGGH - Nuuk - Greenland)

(KRZZ - Halifax Co - Roanoak Rapids NC - is closed) replaced by (KIXA - Halifax-Northhampden Regl - Roanoak Rapids NC)

(KXHD) I could not find this one either, not sure if its a Typo or omission, but not to be found in airport selection.

(WS2) is actually (WS25 - Shangrila - Beecher WI)

Archived