OOM Crashes of PNW and PFJ Install

Hi: First, let me get the brown nosing out of the way.  I have loved your stuff for some time now, and I own almost your awesome scenery.  OK, now my problem.  In all likelihood, my problem is not directly related to PNW and PFJ, but it started after I installed these two packages for P3D Ver. 3.  I've installed P3D on Windows 10; I have an older i7 920 system with two EVGA GTX 960 cards in SLI.

All was fine, and P3D Ver. 3 was great with FTX Global and the Landclass pachages installed.  I installed other airports I had, and P3D Ver. 3 ran great.

Then l I installed the PNW and PFJ.  When I installed both, I could not start P3D.  I got a message stating it was out of memory.

In installed process explorer, and saw that the VAS usage was at 2.2 Gb when I got the OOM message.  I deactivated all other scenery, deleted by P3D config file so that the graphics setting would be lowered when it started, I turned off all AI (including removing the entries in the simobject.cfg to where my AI planes are stored), and tried starting at Eugene Oregon using a default P3D plane, and restarted P3d.  The VAS climed to only about 1.5 Gb, and then I got the OOM message.

I fiddled with the page file to try to manually set it from a minimum of 5Gb to 10Gb.  Same problem.  Any suggestions?

Thanks. Mike Gutierrez

Archived