Antivirus exclusion.

Dadtom65

Hi All. I'm having to use FSX-SE now and need to know the links in FSX-SE to exclude from virus scans please and any thing else that might need excluding. Can you please show the complete links as I have trouble finding some of them. Thanks guys and gals. Derek.

Just as an example, I use Norton Security with Backup....with that, go to Norton Security's Settings -> Antivirus -> Scan and Risks -> Exclusions / Low Risks -> Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect.  I add my FSX, Prepar3d v2, and Prepar3d v3 program directories (with subfolders included) as excluded items, along with any separate scenery, mesh, utility, etc. directories that I installed outside of those program directories.

And, before running certain add-on installers, I have to temporarily disable Norton's auto-protection.  And, to help avoid inadvertent infection, I use only official installers downloaded directly from authorized vendors. 

Norton is the worst choice because its exclusion process is really non effective. I got it on my laptop and just remove it for another free antivirus that does the job without annoying me anytime I open a file

Hi. Thanks guys, I did have Norton Internet security which you could get to the FSX exe file and stuff but it ran out nearly and my grand daughter who had the basic Norton Antivirus and two spare licenses gave them to me and the wife and I thought you could only tell it to go into quiet mode. But it was only later after I got Vibre security that my son said no you still get into the basic Norton and tell what to do. Never mind, so you just need to tell the antivirus to leave the FSX exe folder alone and any thing else. Cheer's Derek.

Archived