Fuzzy Graphics

RickG

Hi. I'm having a bit of a puzzle about my graphics. In the screenshot, the graphics below the plane look great, but the up above, and further away terrain looks too fuzzy to me. I have set up my graphics per the ORBX manual, and even have the LOD Radius set to 7. (It is much the same even at 6.5). Do you guys figure  something is out of whack, or does this seem normal?  Thanks.  Rick   (Hope the screen shot comes out ok)

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/eeB

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/ee9

The screenshots look totally normal to me. As you already realized, the only way you could increase the distance of fully loaded textures only by further increasing the LOD_RADIUS value. But be aware, that you also increase greatly the risk of running into an OOM, as increasing this value greatly increases the demand for memory.

Do you use nVidia Inspector? I realized that forcing 16x anisotropic filtering improves the visual appearance a little bit.

The pics are looking normal for me. The chosen zoom factor is 1.5 which enforces this impression.

The FSX framerate limiter is set to "unlimit". Maybe the visual impression and the autogen object popping up in the distance will be improved if you set the framerate limiter to e.g. 30 which is under normal flying and moving conditions good enough.

Wulf

Hi. Well, that's 2 "looks normal", so I guess it's what I should expect. I just thought the further graphics would have been a bit clearer. I do have Nvid. Insp. going so will look to the  16x aniso and see what happens. I did run the frame rate limiter at 25 for a long time, but reading the Orbx setup guide, unlimited was suggested, so that's why it's there.  Perhaps I will knock that back down and see what happens. Many thanks for the input guys.  Rick

Archived