Elevation Problems at Simaddons Airports and FTX Freeware Airports

Rolfspan

I have Simaddons Airports and I also have the FTX Freeware Airports and in some cases there is duplication.  For example, Halifax CYHZ, Fredericton CYFC and Saint John CYSJ. CYSJ has serious elevation issues while CYHZ and CYFC do not appear to have been affected at all. With CYSJ  I have tried changing the .BGL to .Bak in the ORBX FTXG scenery file in order to delete the freeware airport for CYSJ.  but that really made a mess of the elevation including the buildings. I tried disabling vector and that did not help although it appears to now limit the elevation issues to the apron and beside the runways. I also ran updated libs just in case.

What I find curious is that it happens only to CYSJ and not the other airports. I have been in touch with Ralph at Simaddons and after trying a number of things, we are still not in a position to correct it. 

I am running P3D v2.5, Windows 10 and my other info is below. Incidentally the issue has been there prior to Windows 10 installation. Also, I did not have any problems until a few month ago but did not do anything about it because of the Summer hiatus.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am still trying to find a solution to this problem. I noticed that other Freeware Airports are located on the top portion with file beginning ADE_FTX_FTXG_CYHZ.BGL (example) while Saint John is lower down and the BGL file is as follows ADEX_FTX_FTXG_CYSJ_.BGL . 

Would that have anything to do with my elevation problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I am still trying to find a solution to this problem. I noticed that other Freeware Airports are located on the top portion with file beginning ADE_FTX_FTXG_CYHZ.BGL (example) while Saint John is lower down and the BGL file is as follows ADEX_FTX_FTXG_CYSJ_.BGL . 

Would that have anything to do with my elevation problem?

Just a variation in naming so it shouldn't affect it. I'll look at it however a picture would help As I could see if it matches my original airport.

Larry

I'm in Fredericton CYFC. I am about to pull the trigger and buy Orbx Global, Vector, OpenLC Alaska Canada, Download the North America Freeware Airports and then place the Simaddons CA1E pack on top of that. Sounds like what you have done. I am weary of this trouble and will hold off to see what happens with your situation. I am just afraid to waste $200. I have been eyeballing a Canadian scenery product about to hit the market within a week but reluctant as it is not to ORBX levels of detail. I seem to be between a rock and a hard place. Want ORBX yet every ORBX demo I tried and each of the 3 regions we bought at work were full of elevation issues.  

Moe

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided to hold off with any more action on my problem with CYSJ elevation issue for the time being. I will be uninstalling P3D v2.5 and replacing it with P3D v3 along with all of the ORBX products starting with Global, OLC, Vector, Regions and Airports once the Orbx has the triple installers available. Ralph at Simaddons has his products P3D v3 ready. Surely that will correct my problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

P3D V3 has been installed as has the new Simaddons CAE1 which includes CYSJ which gave me my elevation problem. No elevation problem now. Since then I have installed FTX Global Base, OLC Europe and Canada/Alaska, Pilots Global 2010 and today NA PNW and still no problem. All appears to be well and I will continue checking CYSJ after each install. I wanted to share this with those who have been following this item.

Regards,

Rolf

Archived