Massive Stuttering issues Cardiff EGFF Airport

captainwarez

Hi Guys im in real need of help with this one!

Im getting massive 1-2 second stutters around the cardiff airport area. im getting an average 30-40 frames but when flying around and on the ground parked while looking around i am loosing 50% of the frames for about 1-2 seconds at a time (frequency I would say every 10-20 secs) this happens even when flying away from the airport after take off and when flying to the area 5-10 miles away. Think it maybe related to how many graphical options I select in the Cardiff airport control panel. if I just select 'miscellaneous' stuff I'm ok, but as soon as I start adding everything else I  am getting massive stutters.

I already have damynes hall and stapleford airports maxed, although small airports in comparison these run smoothly without any problems.

Running Prepar3d My CPU is an i5 and I have an Nvidia 970 4GB, SYS Memory 8GB

Why do you think this area is causing so much stutter even when miles away?

Really hope someone can help as its a beautiful Airport.

Regards

Lee

just did a short hop from swansea to EGDX, 10-15 mins into the flight the stuttering started again :-(

Did some more graphical adjustments, and think i may have found where the problem is coming from. It seems to be down to the scenery complexity setting, anything above sparse produces the same amount of stutter

'But only in the roughly 10 mile radius between EGDX and EGFF. So im guessing the issue is with large Hangers/buildings ect.....If anyone would like to chime in with any ideas please feel free.....

tried a fresh reinstall of windows 10, reinstalled prepar3d and just the wales scenery, followed by latest library file when ran the wales patch.

I am still getting massive stutters, big frames jump from 50 odd frames to 16 frames in cardiff airport and after take off. Can anyone from orbx please help!

I dont believe its a windows 10 issue as i get the same issues with windows 7. The issue is ONLY happening within the Cardiff area.

What graphic drivers are you using?  I have found that a balanced set of tweaks in the cfg file and using nvidia inspector (if you have an nvidia card).  I too get stutters but after using an older graphics driver, the stutters are a lot less than before.

-Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I've also experienced very poor performance at EGFF. Even with most of the options disabled in the configuration programme (this is something you could try Lee) frame rates were far from smooth. My suspicion was that the terminal buildings were just very polygon heavy. For instance, there's a beautifully rendered 3-D spiral fire escape from the control tower but God knows how many polygons it uses!  ;)

Cheers,

Nick

• 4 months later...

Good Sirs

I've experienced something similar. I get a massive freeze (3 seconds or so) crossing the coast of South West England around N51 degrees 14 minutes 80 seconds north. Then when I cross the coast of South Wales I have no detail in the scenery textures and little autogen.

I accidentally removed the folder FTX_AA_EGFF and the problem went away, even though Cardiff Airport was left looking a bit strange.

Could you all temporarily  move FTX_AA_EGFF to a holding folder outside of FSX ot P3D and see what happens? If this improves things then we know that the problem lies with one or more files contained in this folder.

Pontius.

Pontius,

I've just started in EGFF, using FSX default c172 in P3D v3.1 to NW direction 3000ft, left turn 090° to Bristol, and have no problem, except frame drop down to ~17fps near Cardif airport. My FPS limiter is set to 33, and when flying over this sea (between Cornwall and Wales) I'm not below 29fps.

Andreas

Archived