FTX Central P3D crashing - no terrain.cfg in my entire Prepar3d install folder.

GunSlingerAUS

Order number: FSS0406766 

Hey folks, I'm a combat flight simmer from way back, and have just discovered the joys of VRS Tacpack + SuperBug + Prepar3d. To make the experience better, I just purchased FTX Global Base, but it's not working. Here's the problem.

1.) I've got Prepar3d v2.5.12946.0, and the latest SuperBug/TacPack as of yesterday.

2.) I also have FSX Steam installed, and I'd installed a few of the free FTX demos.

3.) I downloaded the FTX Global base, and ran the installer - backed up my stock textures during this.

4.) At the end of the installation, the program tries to open the FTX Centra app (it's the Prepar3d version). However, it crashes with an unhandled exception error, saying it can't find terrain.cfg.

5.) A quick google search said other people had this, and it was caused by the latest version of Prepar3d moving the terrain.cfg out of the root folder. However, my install of Prepar3d doesn't have a terrain.cfg whatsoever - I've run a search of the entire folder for terrain.cfg, and all it comes up with is terrain_global_v.cfg and terrain_global.cfg.

So I can't open FTX Central, which I believe means I can't apply any of the new textures. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? Hope you can help!

Ok, ran that library, and now I have the FTX Central 2 - P3DV2 shortcut on my desktop. It starts up fine, but the interface is totally different to what's in the manual... how do I know that I've applied the pack? It says FTX Global - active, on the left side of the menu>

Ok, ran that library, and now I have the FTX Central 2 - P3DV2 shortcut on my desktop. It starts up fine, but the interface is totally different to what's in the manual... how do I know that I've applied the pack? It says FTX Global - active, on the left side of the menu>

Forget this interface. It's the old one, the former. What's afoot now is this new - FTX Central 2!

Voyager

Is there a way to install not the last, but the second-to-last version of orbxlibs? Up until yesterday my P3D 2.5 had never any issues with CTDs, but after I installed the latest orbxlibs using FTC Central 2, I need several attempts to even start a flight. The one time I got the flight working, P3D crashed during arrival. VAS was not an issue at all. I would like to test if the new orbxlibs are the cause (I didn't change anything else).

Thanks,

Peter

Hi,

I guess those crashes are mainly related to P3D2 itself. Be sure to have cleaned the directories below before flying anytime you install a new version of P3D2:

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

Therefore, that means you cannot start with a former saved flight without any trouble.

Archived